“Excellent!”

Billie's Backpackers Hostel
Reviewed January 19, 2014

My review won't be long, because I'll just be saying what everyone else says: this is a wonderful place.

One of the great advantages of staying at a hostel is all the other interesting people you meet, including the owner(s), and that was certainly true here.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Doug1943
There are newer reviews for Billie's Backpackers Hostel

Reviewed January 6, 2014

Stayed here for a couple of days when we're visiting Fairbanks. I love the hospitality provided at the hostel. Billie is a very nice person, she "arranged" the norther lights show for us! We finally saw the northern lights on the last night we're in Fairbanks! The room was very clean and I did enjoy my stay there! People going to fairbanks should stay there!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Rizki T
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I think Billie's hostel got enough good review already. Not only Billie is a such a nice person, but everyone who works for her are also a very lovely and kind to me. I couldn't thank them enough for what they have done for me.

So here is my story,

I was arrived at Billie's in the Christmas morning. I was so tired because I took a flight from New York City and it was quite a trip. Anyway, I arrived there and I met Joe and his Golden Retriever. Joe was so nice to me by the time I arrived and just lead me to my bedroom, since Bille was taking her nap at that time. At night we had a lovely christmas dinner and it was one of the best Super in my life.

But here's the thing. Billie's hostel is more than just a hostel. In there if you are able to open up your mind, you'll meet your family. and if you just take your time to appreciate the beauty, you'll see that Bille's has so many good stuffs that will surprise you to death.

One of them is the poetry I found on the front door, the one that lead us to the bedroom on the 2nd floor. I know it's a bit dark but if you just take ur time to stop and read it. Maaaannn it's so beautiful that you feel like you want to stole it from Billie. When i asked Billie about the poetry, She said it was written by one of her best friend. The poetry was written beyond words. it was so beautiful really.

Another interesting thing is a photograph of her friend with Mother Theresa. She was one of my role model. Along with the photograph there was also a letter for Billie. Turned out Billie is also a huge fan of her just like me.

I'm also about to mention her collection of Books, and guess what, I found Homer's on one of them. Do not also forget to just sit on the table in the living room and read some of the guest book. You'll surprise with what you may get from there.

It was seriously one of my best moment. I know it sounds lame but we travel some of us forever to seek other states, other lives, other souls,

Thanks Billie for helping me find my souls and for letting me walk down to those memory lane of yours :)

-christa, Indonesia

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank ChristaBunga
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I arrived in the midnight of Christmas Eve when the aurora was quite active. There is a great view of it just a few minutes walk from the hostel. It was my first hostel experience and it was great. I have met people from China, Japan, Indonesia, Spain, Netherland and Montana. Local people were warm and friendly. Will come back.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Shengqian
Reviewed December 21, 2013

Very good location for watching aurora borealis , USD 30 per night for a sharing room, nice coffee, clean linen, kitchen & bathroom, nice ppl, with detailed info. leaflet provided, a little short walk to bus stop: blue & red line to downtown..thanks billie & two adorable pugs..frankie & kubla(?), recommended!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank PeterRabbitPanda
Reviewed December 7, 2013

I was out of season visitor here, but still I met great people all over. The hostel is clean, good for the money, everything works. Local people so friendly and helpful. Even the location a bit far is not a problem the buss stop is 200 m. away.
t

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed November 15, 2013

really really like home, clean and tidy...also a good place to meet interesting people! also the owner of the hostel is very nice and kindly. I really like her cute puppy Freaky(hope I spell in a right way)

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends