The room was very nice - king-size bed and room for all our luggage. We were in a two-bedroom, one-bathroom house, so we shared a bathroom with other guests. The kitchen was stocked with plenty of food and had everything we needed. Very homey and comfortable. The decorations included several beautiful pieces of stained glass that had been created by Mrs. "Host." There was a wood stove in the living room, also a desk with information on the locale. What we appreciated most was the information from the hosts - Mr. "Host" had many tips for us and suggestions of things for us to do. He made it clear that he was available to help with anything we might need. The only negative was that it was late June, with the midnight sun, and the blinds did not completely darken the room. If we ever get back to Fairbanks, we will definitely call these people for another room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are a 10 minute riverwalk from the center of old Fairbanks. We are a bed and breakfast offering two rooms in our main house, one apartment in a nearby building and the entire furnished two bedroom house across the street. We provide a full breakfast to the rooms in our house, continental breakfast in the apartment and stand alone house. We offer free shuttle service to and from the airport or train station. We encourage use of our washer/dryer, internet and cable TV. The owners are retired Alaskan teachers who have lived here since 1975. One worked on the Alaskan Pipeline in the 1970's and has stories to tell. We also offer much information about what to see and do while in Fairbanks or northern Alaska. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway Bed and Breakfast - Fairbanks, Alaska reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway Bed And Breakfast - Fairbanks, Alaska Hotel
- Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway b&b - Fairbanks, Alaska