$259
$197
Hampton.com
$219
La Quinta Inn & Suites(Fairbanks)
$209
$240
$227
$119
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $149/night.

Best Western Plus Chena River Lodge(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$165
$161
$139
$135
Best Western Plus Pioneer Park Inn(Fairbanks)(Great Value!)
$175
$126
Priceline
All reviewswonderful hostsquiet neighborhoodhome away from homecomfortable bedrental carnice staywould stay here againnorthern lightsfridgevelmaflemingalaska
Reviewed May 26, 2009

My father stayed at Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway for a visit with us, as we were renting next door. Amazing service, cute place, great location and friendly hospitality. We are hoping to put my father and Uncle up at the Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway again this year. The owners are kind, wonderful people with generous hearts. We would recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled solo
1  Thank juanoleso
Reviewed December 24, 2008

Although we were needing a real hotel, everything was booked solid in Fairbanks.

While calling hotels, the Downtown Log Cabin came up as an option. We did not know it was a B&B, but we got the last room Alan and Verna had in their main house.

When we arrived, we were surprised to find it was a private home (we've never stayed in a B&B before), we are private people, and weren't very comfortable sharing a bathroom with strangers, but it was our only option, so we stayed.

We told Alan and Verna the situation, and they were so gracious, they worked so hard to try and find somewhere else for us to stay. I've never met nicer people.

The bed was very comfortable, and we slept well. The next morning's breakfast was delicious, made even more enjoyable by our conversation with our hosts. They know so much about this area, and helped us decide what to do and see.

Although the situation wasn't exactly what we were looking for, it was absolutely worth it to meet these great people.

If you like B&B's, you can't go wrong here, it's a quality location, close to everything, and the hosts are the best!

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
4  Thank ducatisti
Reviewed November 13, 2008

My husband and I can't say enough about the wonderful stay we had with Allen and Verna Felming at the Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway Bed and Breakfast. We arrived on a motorcycle after calling the B&B from the Fairbanks Visitor's Center. The Visitor's Center was very complementary regarding this specific B&B and since we had no advanced reservations we were very lucky that they were able to accommodate us. We were given the loft for one night before moving into the main house for our stay of over five days. The loft was comfortable and more that met our needs.

Allen is so knowledgeable about the surrounding areas that we just relied on his expertise to direct us to the best sights. He was helpful beyond our expectations.

Verna's breakfasts were varied and plentiful. Our room and the house as a whole was spotless.

We will definitely return to stay at the Downtown Log Cabin B&B the next time we are in Fairbanks, Alaska.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank HD4US
Reviewed August 14, 2008

we had a nice stay with Allen and Verna in Fairbanks. At our arrival, they both were at home and gave us a warm welcome. We were in one of the rooms in the main house, with a nice bed and enough space. The bathroom was nice and the price reasenable.
Allen is a man that likes to talk about Alaska and other topics. He can give a guest many good ideas. He brings it like you should visit something, rather than you could visit something. We chose our own way and had a great stay, visiting Cramer's Fiels and Chena Hot Springs (especially the road to the Springs, with many moose). The longer our stay became, the more the talks became serious about all kinds of subjects. At that moment, you start realising more and more that Allen is a nice man.
Verna is a nice woman that (logically) talks less than Allen. She cooks a great breakfast with fruit, pancakes, etc.

Both Allen and Verna tried their best (in their own way) to make us feel at home. We got a bottle of hot water to take along when we left (at other B&B's, we didn't even dare to ask) and could use the internet at any time.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Meinder
Reviewed July 21, 2008

My husband and I just got back from Fairbanks Alaska. We stayed at a B&B, called "Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway". It was horrible,
1. They were suspose to pick us up at the airport, said to just call when we landed. We did, and they did not answer the phone, so we spent the night at the airport. Finally, at 5:30am someone showed up, and they wanted to charge for a full nights stay!!!!!!!!!!!
2. The owners tried to up the price of the room when we got there.
3. The owner, Allen Fleming, was cursing, yelling, degrading his guests the whole time we were there ( 9 nights), even taking the Lord's name in vein, many, many, many times.
4.Would not pick up trash or clean room
5. THE OWNER, ALAN FLEMING, CAME INTO OUR ROOM WITHOUT KNOCKING, OR CALLING OUT, I DID NOT HAVE ANY CLOTHES ON ONE DAY, HAD TO ASK, OR DEMAND HIM TO LEAVE.

1  Thank donnaIdaho
apfvrf, owner at Downtown Log Cabin Hideaway Bed and Breakfast - Fairbanks, Alaska, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2008

I feel that I must respond to this review.
This lady and her husband arrived in Fairbanks at 2:30 am. We had agreed that she would call me for a pick up when her plane arrived. I didn't want to wait for a late plane arrival at that time in the morning.
She arrived without my address or my correct phone number. She had no clue where my B and B was located.
After several hours, she found our number in an aiport brochure and called. I picked her up at 5:00 am and put her to bed. So...bad start. Incidently, no other B and B offers 2 am pickup. Just us.
She had agreed to stay in the loft of our garage for a reduced price. She understood that it was just that...a loft without a toilet. We had installed a porta potty. She had to use the house's bathroom. This was all agreed to far in advance. For this the price was greatly reduced.
Next...she insisted that she be allowed to use the main kitchen to cook. After taking over the kitchen for one evening, we asked her to
stop. The kitchen use wasn't part of the agreement. So feelings are hurt. We are off to a terrible start.
It was agreed that I could empty the porta potty daily. This was difficult because she was always there. The day in question...I felt that she was gone. I remember her husband leaving so I went up the stairs to empty the pot and she raised her head from the couch. All that was visible was her head but she began screeching.
The next day when she came to use the house toilet...she began screeching at me. I responded in kind and asked her to leave and gladly refunded her money for the remaining days. I don't know what she did for the remaining day but wherever she went, it likely was 4-5 times more than she was paying us.
I truely feel like we bent over backward for this lady and her response was so uncalled for. I feel that I was punished for trying to help this lady.
We had over 500 guests stay with us last summer and only one bad experience. Our prices are among the lowest in town and we even gave her a reduced price on top of that.
For this lady and for us...it wasn't fun at all.
I regret getting upset but her accusation of intuding on her privacy was so uncalled for.
Al and Verna....owners.