All reviewswonderful hostsb bshome away from homequiet neighborhoodplace to staycomfortable bedone nightrental carnice stayclose to downtowntrain stationnorthern lightsfridgevelmaflemingalaska
Reviewed August 27, 2011

I stayed in the King Studio; it was great! The room also holds a full couch/bed, so a family of four could be comfortable in the room. The cupboards and refrigerator were well-stocked so that I could choose what I wanted for breakfast. a variety of muffins and bagels, two types of cereal, eggs, milk and orange juice. The coffee pot was ready to push the button!
The hosts placed a lot of tourist-type pamphlets in the room and they would have been welcomed by those who were trying to decide how to spend time in the area.
The bathroom was downstairs, but private and well-stocked.
The laundry was in the same building, in another entrance. I didn't check it out.
Raspberries were growing thick on the property. Told I could pick and eat freely, I really enjoyed the rare Alaskan treat!
Airport pick-up and delivery is very important to me. I appreciated the personal touch!
Al and Verna were excellent hosts. I enjoyed them both!

Room Tip: Some of the rooms do not have private bathrooms. If that is important to you, be sure and ask for it!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank TerminationDust
Reviewed August 6, 2011

We had a great stay here. Al and Verna would wonderful hosts and could not have been more helpful. Al provided us with some great tips on what to see and how to get to them. The accommodation is beautiful and had all the amentities that we needed. Was a great place to come home to after exploring Fairbanks all day. Thanks for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We really enjoyed our stay and the accomodations were quite nice. Fairbanks turned out to be a bit dull without a car, but the Downtown log cabin was great. They got us to and from the airport and loaned us bikes and in the studio, we had lots of foods and beverages to enjoy.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2011

Al and Verna are wonderful hosts. Al picked us up at the train station and regaled us with tales of Alaska. We slept like babes in a comfy bed with a homemade quilt and feasted on blueberry pancakes this morning. In all the days of our Alaskan vacation, Al and Verna were the friendliest people we met. We would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011
1  Thank MLBBaltimore
Reviewed July 4, 2011

The Log Cabin Hideaway is a delightful place to stay while in Fairbanks. Owners Al and Vera are most kind, helpful and respectful of privacy. They share cheery rooms on a quiet neighborhood street and within an easy walk of downtown eateries (try Bobby's Greek). Al has bikes he shares for free. I remain much obliged to Al and Vera for providing me and my travel partners a "home base" for our travels to and from wild Alaska.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends