“Enjoyable food, good service”
Review of Bobby's Downtown

Bobby's Downtown
Ranked #31 of 256 Restaurants in Fairbanks
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

We enjoyed appetizers, dinner, and drinks at Bobby's last night and were very happy with the experience. Their tzatziki was thick and flavorful, with fresh soft pita for dipping. A nice contrast to the clams we got the night before, Bobby's were meaty and well seasoned. We practically soaked up all the juice with our garlic bread!
The saganaki was good, and the portion was--consistent with everything there--large enough to justify the price. For our entrees, we enjoyed
*Greek pizza: average, a little dry. They might consider reworking it
*Lamb chops: some of the best I've had, full of flavor, juicy, lots of meat and little fat
*Chicken Alfredo (not sure if that's exactly what they call it--our friend ordered it): plenty of sauce, big chunks of chicken, and very tasty
Service was friendly and prompt. Atmosphere bright and appropriate to a greek restaurant.
Overall, we had a nice time and based on this visit, would recommend Bobby's to others.

1  Thank Chris S

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Very expensive ($26 for a 12 inch pizza, $35+ for entree). I had halibut and it was overcooked and dry.

Reviewed January 22, 2014

High prices and average food. Before I finished my appetizer, my salad and main dish were on my table.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Bobby's was a good choice for a dinner with friends while visiting town last week.

Nothing spectacular, but a good rendition of Greek food. Prices are high, but the service was very good. The owner is personable, spends time talking with the guests and make us feel welcome in his restaurant.

1  Thank ak_f800st
Reviewed January 10, 2014

The food was good, but the waitress couldn't tell that my ID said I was 21+,and refused to serve me alcohol. Embarrassing! Will not return due to bad service.

Been to Bobby's Downtown? Share your experiences!