“Know this before you go”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Fairbanks
Vancouver,WA
“Know this before you go”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2014

The hotel and staff were great, the problem is they have no shuttle service between the airport and the hotel. The taxi cost including tip was 27.00. This amount was unexpected and if known ahead of time would have impacted the decision making process on where to stay in Fairbanks.This is a national chain, you would think they could afford a shuttle like all their other hotels have.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank b8teee
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Dear b8teee,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We value your comments, as they enable us to further improve our services and to surpass the very high standards our guests expect. We are pleased you found our hotel and staff commendable. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you experienced with airport transportation. Your feedback will be taken into consideration in our efforts to provide the best service experience possible.

Regards,

Brenda J.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013

The room was a good surprise as compared to my recent stays at Holiday. Inn. Express in London. It was clean and adequate. Staff were friendly and approachable. My only problem was with the rubbish breakfast everything was super processed. Very little fruit ( only banana). The cinnamon bun tasted like it contained some sort of cleaning agent. However this hotel was not bad for the 1 night we stayed. In fact the room was much better than the place we moved to (Chena Hot Springs- separate review).

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Lloyd H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Dear Leylahni,

Thank youfor taking the time to review our property. I am sorry that the breakfast was not to your liking, but we are serving all of the reccommendations frm the Holiday Inn Express breakfast food vendors. Thank you for your input.

Thank you also for your kind words regarding our hotel. I hope that if your travels every bring you back our way we will have the opportunity to serve you again

Oconomowoc, Wisconsin
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013

Didn't spend tons of time in hotel ,but room was clean, breakfast good and staff was great and welcoming. Really enjoyed the artifacts in the breakfast room. Well done by decorators. Breakfast was ample and well prepared.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Lloyd H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, December 30, 2013
Dear Kelly C.

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and your kind words. It is most appreciated.

I know there are a lot of options of places to stay in the Fairbanks area. I am glad you chose us and hope that we will see you again if your travels ever bring you back to Fairbanks!

Tremont, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

I used the Holiday Inn in Fairbanks as my base while i traveled up to the Arctic Ocean during my 30 day motorcycle ride this last July. Great location and the service was great. I did have a problem with the air conditioning in the room, but that was ironed out. They placed me on the first floor to enable easy access for all my motorcycle gear. Laundry equipment worked fine. Breakfast was good. Even the pancake making machine worked. I look forward to staying here again the next time I'm in Fairbanks,

Room Tip: Not much in the way of restaurants within walking distance unless you like McDonalds or Hardees.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Lloyd H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Jim M

Thank you for your very kind review. I am glad that we met exceeded your expectations and I hope we get to see you if your travels ever bring you back up our way.

If you are up with us again, please introduce yourself and we can talk "bike" and rides.

Wilsonville, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I have stayed in HIE all over the west and this one is no different from the rest. That is a good thing. One knows what to expect each and every time. Clean room, friendly staff, good parking and close to shopping. Standard HIE breakfast.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear Newyorker1953,

Thank you for your review. We have the HIE playbook and try to go above and beyond your expectations in customer service.

Thank you again for your review and I hope that we can see you again if your travels bring you back to Fairbanks!

Tok, Alaska, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2013

I like to stay here because they have a good breakfast and for those of us who have to travel to Fairbanks often their rewards are nice. The more you stay the more points you earn and you can even earn a free night, I have stayed here a few times and this last time I brought my son and father in law with me. We had a great time at the pool and the service was great. I thought the rooms were large and clean there was no noise. I really enjoyed my stay and my husband and I are staying again on the 24th. We also will be staying again in October. I see that there are a lot of these bigger hotels and they don't seem to care about repeat business well this one does and it such a nice friendly place.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Lloyd H, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Dera CherishL,

Thank you for your kind review. We pride ourself on our customer service and friendliness and I am glad you appreciate the effort. We appreciate our return guests and would like to meet you the next time you stay with us so I can personally thank you.

Lloyd Huksey, General Manager
Meridian, Idaho
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

I used to stay here on business all the time due to my wanting to earn priority points. Now I'm done, I can't keep subjecting myself to the sleepless nights.
At this hotel the higher your room the hotter it will be and the only thing you can do about it is open the window, but open the window to let in some of the -30*F cold in and you will be continually woken by the train horns that blast every hour or so, if you do leave window open you can cool your room down to around 70.
I have stayed all over the US and this hotel is the worst for getting a nights sleep, to me 84 degrees is too hot to sleep.
If you get a ground level room it is not as bad maybe 78 or so and one side of the hotel is better as trains cannot be heard as much but then you have the snow plows grating so... I gave it heaps of tries, didn't want to give up because I was obsessed with getting points. Now I stay everywhere but here as sleep is more important. At the hotel they offer little apology for the heat, they give you instruction on where to set the thermostat but none of it helps. It is amazing, this place still gets booked solid.

• Stayed December 2012
1 Thank Lucy J
Dear LucyJ,

Thank you for your review. I do apologize for the heat issues. Beleive me we are as frustrated as our guests because unfortunately there was little we could do. Being a positive air building, even opening a window would not solve the problem. The We could not run the cooler during 20 degrees or minus temperatures.

Now for the good news, we are puttings a chiller on the roof that can operate at negative temperatures. I now it sounds counter intuitive that we would need to have a chiller operating during the winter, but as you can attest to we do. It is being installed currently and I hope that you will give us another chance this winter to exceed your expectations. Please call me personally at 907.328.1100 if you would like to make a reservation this winter to give us another try.

Thank you for your previous business and here's hoping we can get you back!

Warm regards,