The Good: The front desk was very accommodating and the breakfast saved us about $30/day in eating out. The prices for restaurant meals in Fairbanks are outrageous and the quality wasn't all that good. Salads, vegetables, and fresh fruits are generally missing from the menu, just burgers, fries, & fried fish.
The Bad: Housekeeping staff was the worst. We came back to our room late one afternoon and found our door was left ajar & not even latched! The cleaning staff just walked off leaving all our valuables exposed for theft. In 8 days, our room was never completely clean; towels & TP often missing. Sheets not changed, rings around the bathtub. Counter tops not wiped down. Puzzling!
1. We arrived at 1:30AM on July 4th. It was not so good. We had purchased a room with 2 queen beds and instead received a room with a single king. I went down and explained the situation and the front desk was able to give us a two queen room due to a "no show". 2. Front Desk was did their best and was accommodating. 2. Breakfast was filling, but daily equipment failures made pancakes an "iffy" thing. We would have liked some fresh fruit other than over ripe bananas. 3. Housekeeping was very bad. The issues with housekeeping continued on daily basis. 4. Location of the hotel was very good, close to WALMART, gas stations, & MickeyDees. 5. We had daily issues with our room keycard, which would work in the morning but not in the evening. 6. Parking was adequate but generally the lot was full as was the hotel. The housekeeping staff was the worst and most inconsistent that I have ever encountered. Our complaints about the housekeeping staff were generally mirrored by most of the guests staying there at the time. I would stay at the hotel, again, BUT only if they would fire their entire housekeeping staff and replace them with folks with a strong work ethic. The housekeeping is why I gave it a poor rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the New Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairbanks. The newest hotel addition to Fairbanks area. Ideally located the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fairbanks is adjacent to dining shopping and entertainment.Guests of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairbanks, will find this beautifully appointed, state of the art hotel to be well situated for visits to attractions such as Carlson Center, Historic Downtown Fairbanks, and the University of Alaska.Our business travelers will love our hotel s proximity to Boeing, and First National Bank of Alaska.We offer 114 luxuriously appointed guest rooms, including suites equipped with deluxe new bedding, Smart Bath Collection, granite counter tops, 32 flat panel multimedia televisions, and wired/wireless high-speed Internet access. This newly constructed hotel also features an indoor pool, whirlpool, exercise room, business center, and meeting room. Ask about our Free Airport Shuttle Service 24/7. The next time travel takes you to Fairbanks Alaska , Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairbanks Alaska! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Fairbanks
- Holiday Inn Express Fairbanks
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks Alaska