I used up some random Priority Club points on our last night in Fairbanks at the HIE. Location was great... close to shopping strip and easy access to highways and gas stations. We attempted a fairly early check in and the front desk guy said that he would call us when our room was ready. We went to an afternoon movie and when we went to check in I mentioned that we never got our call that our room was ready and he sheepishly pulled off our sticky note with phone number on it from a list of about 8 sticky notes that probably didnt get a call either. I specifically asked for a king bed with pull out couch as we have two 7th grade boys and needed some extra sleeping spots. He assured me that was what we had. After lugging all of our luggage upstairs as well as our take out dinner, it was a double queen room and not what he said. When I went down to the front desk to ask for our correct room, he couldn't figure out how to make it right, and the lady at the desk with him wanted him to have to fix it himself and it was taking FOREVER so I asked if this training could not occur while my husband and kids were upstairs holding their food and luggage in the wrong room. In the elevator we encountered a housekeeper that couldn't have looked more miserable if she tried.
I also happened to notice that instead of running my Amex for incidentals (usually a $10 charge), the front desk guy ran it for $162 -- really? So I called to the front desk and got a giggly "oops, the person who did that must be new -- meanwhile, he had told us in conversation that he had worked there for two years. So I feel like I wasted my last few priority club points on this ridiculous experience, I dont even know that I have the wherewithall to email the general manager but maybe he or she will read this and respond. If not, at least I put it out for general consumption what our experience was like. I also did not ask for a wakeup call because general consensus from other travelers was that that wouldnt have been executed correctly either.
Its too bad because this is beautiful property, but the insides just dont match the outside.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the New Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairbanks. The newest hotel addition to Fairbanks area. Ideally located the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Fairbanks is adjacent to dining shopping and entertainment.Guests of the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairbanks, will find this beautifully appointed, state of the art hotel to be well situated for visits to attractions such as Carlson Center, Historic Downtown Fairbanks, and the University of Alaska.Our business travelers will love our hotel s proximity to Boeing, and First National Bank of Alaska.We offer 114 luxuriously appointed guest rooms, including suites equipped with deluxe new bedding, Smart Bath Collection, granite counter tops, 32 flat panel multimedia televisions, and wired/wireless high-speed Internet access. This newly constructed hotel also features an indoor pool, whirlpool, exercise room, business center, and meeting room. Ask about our Free Airport Shuttle Service 24/7. The next time travel takes you to Fairbanks Alaska , Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Fairbanks Alaska! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Hotwire, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel And Suites Fairbanks
- Holiday Inn Express Fairbanks
- Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Fairbanks Alaska