“Impressive Service!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed July 10, 2010

My friend and I and my 2 young children stayed at this Hampton Inn recently on the way from NC to PA. The rooms were clean, the beds comfortable, and the breakfast delicious. What impressed me most, however, is how the staff handled a little "problem" my friend and I had after checking in. When we arrived at our room, our card keys didn't work so my friend went back downstairs to the desk to have them fixed while I stayed in the hall with our luggage and belongings. After a few minutes, my kids became bored and I went 2 doors down the hall to drop them off at my sister's room. When I returned to the hall, a man was rolling my friend's suitcase down the hall along with her laptop! When he saw me he dropped it, but he and his two friends were staying in the room next to ours and their friends, it turned out, had two rooms across from my sister. We reported the problem to the front desk and they assured us it would be taken care of, that they have zero tolerance for such things. We changed floors immediately and went about our business. Later that night, the front desk called our room and said that a police report had been filed and that all 3 rooms of people were being removed! We watched them being escorted out the front door.
We were impressed with the professionalism of the staff at this Hampton Inn and all the Hampton Inns we stayed in over our 10 day trip. Thanks so much!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed June 13, 2010

Coming to Fredericksburg, Va. on a short weekend golf trip, was expecting a typical I95 roadside hotel. However, at check in the two wonderful front desk staff immediately set the tone for our stay. Incredibly friendly. The room was perfect. Anything we needed was done with a smile. Great, great experience. The people who work at NYC hotels could learn a lot over here.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 30, 2010

The outstanding feature of this hotel is the staff. On returing to the UK i discovered that I had left a necklace behind in the room. After one phone call the staff located this and shipped it to me overseas. I received it within about 5 days. What excellent customer service, the hotel staff are a credit to Hampton.Going back to our stay, it was a very smooth check in and a courtesy call about 30 mins after arrival to check that we were satisfied with the room. The room had a DVD player but no fridge.The breakfast area was very well organised and spacious. Housekeeping was excellent. We stayed one night here on our way back to the airport. The free Wi Fi was briiliant. Situated next to a small conference centre,the hotel is ideal for a stopover who for anyone who is touring the area around Fredericksberg. It is within easy reach of downtown Frederickberg, the Civil War visitor center at Chancellorville and plenty of shopping areas. Highly recommended

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I stayed at the hotel in March 2010. The hotel is nice and clean, located right next to I-95, but is about a mile or two drive from the actual exit. The rooms are nice, but I thought a little small. The windows don't open, so no fresh air. It got a little hot in the rooms, but when we turned on the AC it smelled a little. Free Continental Breakfast was nice. Location is right next to a huge shoppong area, and yes, you must go to Wegman's next store. Lots of restaurants nearby. The pool is outside, and no hot tub. Plenty of parking.

Not a bad place, but next time I might try the Hilton Garden Inn or Hilton Homewood Suites Hotel next door instead.

Reviewed March 16, 2010

We were going home from Myrtle Beach and decided to cut the trip in half so we booked a stay at the Hampton Inn, Hospitality Lane, Fredericksburg, Va. Wow! What a great stay it was. Being hilton honors members we were upgraded to a suite and the amenities were the best I've seen for a Hampton Inn. Flat screen High def. TV -- all the channels -- microwave - fridge - sofa - great bedding -- and most of all clean and quiet. You have to watch that you don't get a room facing I-95 but this is a great stay and I wanted everyone to know. My wife and I are fussy and we had to rate this EXCELLENT! And don't forget to go to Wegmans Grocery Store for a great experience. And one more thing - the hotel is a bit hard to find coming off the interstate but indeed worth it!

Reviewed March 11, 2010

Stayed over one night for our trip to the historical area of Fredricksburg and we were very pleased with this hotel. Very quick check in and the room was great. We had a king size bed with plenty of space to allow us to stretch out and relax.

If you get the hunger pangs, there is every type of food to be had in the shopping area just minutes away from the hotel. Do yourself a favor and vist the Wegman's grocery store adjacent to the hotel, waht a great store. You can eat a meal in there!

All in all, don't hesitate to stay here, you will be pleased.

Reviewed March 11, 2010

This hotel was excellent, friendly staff, comfortable beds, very clean facilities and an excellent free breakfast. Only stayed one night during my trip up 95, but would definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: March 2010