“Good Hampton Inn close to I-95, but could be better.”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #5 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed March 17, 2010

I stayed at the hotel in March 2010. The hotel is nice and clean, located right next to I-95, but is about a mile or two drive from the actual exit. The rooms are nice, but I thought a little small. The windows don't open, so no fresh air. It got a little hot in the rooms, but when we turned on the AC it smelled a little. Free Continental Breakfast was nice. Location is right next to a huge shoppong area, and yes, you must go to Wegman's next store. Lots of restaurants nearby. The pool is outside, and no hot tub. Plenty of parking.

Not a bad place, but next time I might try the Hilton Garden Inn or Hilton Homewood Suites Hotel next door instead.

Reviewed March 16, 2010

We were going home from Myrtle Beach and decided to cut the trip in half so we booked a stay at the Hampton Inn, Hospitality Lane, Fredericksburg, Va. Wow! What a great stay it was. Being hilton honors members we were upgraded to a suite and the amenities were the best I've seen for a Hampton Inn. Flat screen High def. TV -- all the channels -- microwave - fridge - sofa - great bedding -- and most of all clean and quiet. You have to watch that you don't get a room facing I-95 but this is a great stay and I wanted everyone to know. My wife and I are fussy and we had to rate this EXCELLENT! And don't forget to go to Wegmans Grocery Store for a great experience. And one more thing - the hotel is a bit hard to find coming off the interstate but indeed worth it!

Reviewed March 11, 2010

Stayed over one night for our trip to the historical area of Fredricksburg and we were very pleased with this hotel. Very quick check in and the room was great. We had a king size bed with plenty of space to allow us to stretch out and relax.

If you get the hunger pangs, there is every type of food to be had in the shopping area just minutes away from the hotel. Do yourself a favor and vist the Wegman's grocery store adjacent to the hotel, waht a great store. You can eat a meal in there!

All in all, don't hesitate to stay here, you will be pleased.

Reviewed March 11, 2010

This hotel was excellent, friendly staff, comfortable beds, very clean facilities and an excellent free breakfast. Only stayed one night during my trip up 95, but would definitely stay here again if the opportunity arises.

• Stayed: March 2010
Reviewed February 16, 2010

Needed a quick and inexpensive place to stay while traveling up I-95. This hotel nailed all of the categories you would expect from a much higher level hotel. Check in was very quick, the rooms are spotless. The bonus was that they have a plush breakfast area, workout room and indoor pool. I loved the fact that the free internet was really free (not a low speed trick like other hotels) and that the password was automatically printed on your key.

Service gets an A+. When a hotel clerk knows enough to tell me about the pool, but in a whisper so the kids don't hear, you know she has been well trained.

I will now rethink my attitude about a roadside Hampton Inn in the future.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed November 27, 2009

Hampton Inn Celebrate is a new property and part of a Hilton complex. While conveniently located in close proximity to excellent shopping/restaurants--i.e., Wal*Mart, OfficeMax, PaneraBread, Buffalo Wild Wings, and arguably the best grocery chain in the US (Wegman's)--the Hampton is a bit of a detour off I-95. Despite the relative difficulty in getting to the property (off I-95), I have gone out of my way to stay there three (3) times over the course of the past year. Breakfast is convenient and always hot. The rooms are spacious, clean, and beds especially comfortable. One other reviewer complained about the speed of the internet; while not exactly "high speed", it wasn't unreliable either. Overall, property is clean and well appointed--above the standard one sees at Hampton Inn. Most importantly: STAFF HAS ALWAYS GONE ABOVE AND BEYOND!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank MacVol
Reviewed September 28, 2009

Fairly new, nice people, decent location . . .

Our flight crew set-up shop here for three nights in September. Overall, the place was a bargain compared to the local Marriott prices. The rooms were quieter than most Hampton Inns we use, which is something we always like. The staff was very helpful and competent. My only complaint was the painfully slow internet. Video conferences with my employer were impossible. Target, Best Buy, Lowes, Walmart, and dozens of smaller stores are within walking distance (1-2 mi). Lots of places to eat, too. Panera, IHOP, etc.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled on business