Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Travelocity
$93
$134
$116
All reviewsgreat hotelexpo centercomplimentary breakfast iscentral parkrestaurants and shoppingwould definitely stay here againking suitecookiescomfortable bedsoutdoor poolstaff was friendlyoatmealfront desk staffshort drivefresh fruitoff the highwaymyrtle beach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My family and I stayed at this Hampton Inn for 6 nights following Labor Day. We continue to be loyal to Hampton Inn and this property was similarly well-managed. Rooms were very clean and comfortable, location is excellent and staff was very helpful and accomodating, particularly Toshi who served breakfast on weekdays. The one issue is the fact that I had booked two rooms using HHonors points and somehow, with no notification to me, the reservation was cancelled when we arrived. Lindsay, the front office manager, is checking this out but I spent a half hour on hold trying to resolve when I arrived. Fortunately all worked out-- the rooms were available and I was able to use my HHonors points as requested. The HHonors rep said that the reservation was cancelled by the hotel but I am not so sure. Perhaps I will hear someday. Anyways, the hotel was just as satisfactory as I had hoped. There are many stores and restaurants nearby. We especially like having a Wegman's within walking distance. Hotel is visible from I-95 and is near a Hilton Garden Inn & a Homewood Suites. Definitley would recommend despite the problem with our reservation.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Located right off I-95 in Northern Virginia, this Hampton fits the bill for travelers needing a place to crash for the night while on the road. This very new-looking hotel is economical (under $100 with AAA discount), extremely clean, and nicely decorated in Hampton's usual "upscale generic" decor. If you've ever stayed in a Hampton, you are familiar with the their extremely comfortable beds, large sized bathrooms with plenty of towels and toiletries, and nice customer-friendly touches (like calling your room phone to make sure everything is OK and you don't need anything).

To make your stay more enjoyable (and economical), they offer a great free breakfast featuring hot waffles, cereals, muffins, bagels, eggs, bacon, oatmeal, fresh fruit, etc., plus three different fresh brewed coffees. This saves you the time and expense of another meal on the road.

Just one more comment on the neighborhood. We are from NJ, so we are quite familiar with development and sprawl, but we had never seen so many retail outlets, chain stores and restaurants in one place as we did on the road leading up to the hotel. Talk about one-stop shopping nirvana! If there is ANYTHING you need to buy during your stop on the road (or any specific restaurant or cuisine type), it will be located on this road. The Hampton is at the very end of this amazing line-up, right after a giant Wegmans.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2013

We chose this hotel for two main reasons - it was perfectly situated halfway between our two east coast start and end points (traveling down 95). Not only was it right off the highway, but it was in a commercial center that had every chain and store brand you can think of within a mile or two. Other reason was that it offered points and dollars, for a very reasonable amount of points (8,000) and dollars ($40) the room was ours. Very clean, quiet, updated, and met our needs 100%.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Reviewed September 3, 2013

The employees were very gracious and accommodating. The hot daily breakfast was much more than I expected- more than enough to fill up on. The decor was modern. The only reason I gave a three on cleanliness is because there was a dead ant and a used band-aid on the bathroom floor. Overall though, I was satisfied.

• Stayed: August 2013
Maddis, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We appreciate the kind words. I have discussed your feedback with my housekeeping department and reminded them that the small touches are sometimes the most important things and that missing things like this is unacceptable.

We hope to see you again soon on your next stay in Fredericksburg!

Matt Addis

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I guess our arrival was not helped by the fact that it was raining heavily when we got to Fredericksburg and it was late when we got to the hotel. The hotel is on a business park with at least 2 other Hiltons in the vicinity. It wouldn't be what I would normally book for a stop on holiday more the kind of place we use when the teenager is competing in a race. The room was fine, beds were good and shower was good but you can hear the noise of the traffic through the windows (they were closed at the time). Breakfast was help yourself and for the first time in days we had a decent cup of coffee and they had skimmed milk - Result! For UK people it was like premier inn style accommodation - adequate and good service no frills. The receptionists were pleasant and nothing really to complain about for the price.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family