“OK, good stop off point for a nights stay” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“OK, good stop off point for a nights stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I guess our arrival was not helped by the fact that it was raining heavily when we got to Fredericksburg and it was late when we got to the hotel. The hotel is on a business park with at least 2 other Hiltons in the vicinity. It wouldn't be what I would normally book for a stop on holiday more the kind of place we use when the teenager is competing in a race. The room was fine, beds were good and shower was good but you can hear the noise of the traffic through the windows (they were closed at the time). Breakfast was help yourself and for the first time in days we had a decent cup of coffee and they had skimmed milk - Result! For UK people it was like premier inn style accommodation - adequate and good service no frills. The receptionists were pleasant and nothing really to complain about for the price.

• 3 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

A very nice hotel. Staff a re friendly and helpful. Room was spacious and really clean. Buffet breakfast was very good with lots to offer. The hotel is located immediately of the interstate and easy access. It has a lot of restaurants close by and some within walking distance. Will keep it on my list for another trip.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Staten Island, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2013

Quality hotel. Rooms very clean. Friendly service. Short drive to all attractions. Would definitely stay there again. Breakfast selection is adequate. They have a grab and go breakfast if you are in a rush. It contained a bottle of water, an apple, a granola bar, and a box of mints.

Mahopac, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Stay was very good and accommodations was fine. Only pool is outdoor and small. Omelets was like rubber but rest of the breakfast was the normal Hampton in style. Don't risk giving your Credit Card over the phone to the hotel. I had a bad experience with some attempt to use my card for fraud on the internet.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Maddis, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you for your review of our property. While I cannot changet the size of our pool, I have shared your comments with my breakfast staff to ensure that we are continuing to serve our Guests the freshest foods.

Hilton takes the security and privacy of all of our Guests very seriously. If there is concern about reserving a stay over the phone, we do have secure online options as well that can be booked through the Hampton Inn and Suites website.

Matt Addis
Norfolk, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2013

We ended up here based on the other reviews, and booked when we got there around 4pm. Ended up getting a very good rate. I don't know if they do this on purpose, but they gave us a room at the end of a hall which is good because I worry less about my noisy kids! Lovely pool too, clean rooms, and good service.

Danbury, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

Very clean and perfect local. Hotel staff does not seem to know what they are doing, nor do they communicate with each other. If you make any special requests, be sure to follow up repeatedly. Everything else about the property is what you would expect from a Hampton Inn

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 stars

Albany, NY
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Hampton Inn in Fredericksburg, VA, on August 21, on our way to Florida. When we arrived we found the common areas of the hotel clean and even our room appeared clean until we turned down the bed. There was a large light blue stain in the middle of the bed on the sheet. We thought perhaps the sheet had been stained during wash but when we further examined the mattress pad and bedspread we found that the stain was on all three. This was about 9:00 pm. I called the front desk and the young man on duty informed me that Housekeeping had left for the day. He said he would try and find some replacement sheets and bedspread and bring them to the room. He arrived at the room and left us with 2 sheets and a bedspread. My wife and I attempted to replace the sheets and found that the sheets were for a queen size...we had a king. So I called the front desk again and told the young man what had happened. He said he would look for the right size sheets and bring them to the room...which he did. My wife and I made the bed while he watched to make sure we had the right sizes this time. I told him I wanted to make sure that the Manager and Housekeeping were made aware of what happened and he said he would. Now, in every room in the hotel is a card that reads: Clean & Fresh For Every Guest. Linens and Duvets are Washed for Every Guest, Every Time! In addition, stuck to the bed head post ia a post-it note that reads: Duvet Covers & Sheets Are Clean For Your Arrival. Well, gues what? They weren't. When we checked out the next morning we checked with the girl at the front desk to see if the Manager had been left a note as to what happened. She said the Manager had definately been made aware of the problem via a note and email. Here it is August 25 and we have not heard a word from anyone at that hotel. The courtesy of a phone call or an email would have been nice. Never again will we stay at a Hampton Inn. Jerry Sawyer

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank JerrySawyer
Maddis, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg, responded to this review, August 26, 2013
Thank you for your review, constructive criticism helps us ensure that we are doing the best job that we can and are keeping the hotel in the best shape possible. As per our earlier conversation, I want to apologize again for the issues with your room. Every Guest who comes to a Hampton can expect a clean fresh bed; in this case we did not do our best work.

I've shared this review with Housekeeping and it has doubled their resolve to ensure that our rooms are the cleanest and freshest in the Fredericksburg area. I hope that when you are traveling through the Fredericksburg area, you will try our hotel again. My Staff is committed towards providing the highest level of hospitality to our guests and we would like another chance to show you hospitality done right, without the mistakes and miscommunications experienced on your earlier stay.