“Exceptionally helpful staff”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #4 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed March 10, 2013

The staff went out of their way at check in and check out. There was an issue with my reservation which was my fault, but they worked with me to resolve the issue. At check out the clerk offered a snow brush to clean off our car without being asked. And I got my sausage gravy with biscuits!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank James L

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We checked in on 3/2/13 and were supposed to check out the next day but ended up staying an extra night. What can I say? The room was fresh and clean, The staff was helpful and friendly and the breakfast was really good and had lots of variety. We stay in Hampton Inns 10 to 20 nights a year for leisure. My husband and I have traveled all across the country. This was one of the top 3 we have stayed in EVER.
We were in a king suite non-smoking 2nd floor.

Room Tip: we stayed in room 203 and it was quite.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank FriendofFaustus
Reviewed February 27, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here after driving from Maine that day. With 4 adults and 2 very tired kids in was awesome. I felt safe, comfortable and clean in the room. We stayed in a king suite and it was more than enough room for my husband and I and our kids. The breakfast was a good typical continental breakfast. The bed slept great and I almost didn't want to leave!:) also there are a lot of restaurants close by as well as Walmart and target. A little ways off 95 but totally worth it! My parents got a room with 2 queens for $89 with the coupon book you pick up in the visitor center or rest stop.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Blachell
Reviewed February 25, 2013

We stayed here twice during the past month and were very pleasantly surprised with the courteous staff, cleanliness, room and location for the price. The room and bathroom were nicely appointed with everything we needed to be comfortable for an overnight stay after hours of driving. The breakfast was good and appreciated. The location was also an easy hop off the highway and in an area with tons of restaurants and stores. Most important though was the staff...I changed reservations several times as we were maneuvering around winter storms and every person I dealt with was helpful, friendly and sympathetic. Also all the staff you encountered...whether cleaning staff in the hall, kitchen staff for breakfast...looked you in the eye and cheerfully said hello which is always so appreciated!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank PatCT202
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The Hampton Inn in Fredericksburg, VA was conviently located to the Expo Center where we worked, close to an enormous amount of shopping and restaurants and next door to a wonderful Wegman's. I would stay at this HI again.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Barbara K
Reviewed February 8, 2013

There is a reason this hotel is #1 in the area...it's WONDERFUL! The circumstances surrounding my stay involved a death in our family. The hotel couldn't have been nicer. They helped us out with rooms for all our family members, even offered their condolences upon check-in. The rooms, hallways, elevators, breakfast area....all impeccably clean! The front desk was so helpful even getting some ice from the kitchen for us when we were having a small gathering the nice of the viewing in the lobby. Breakfast the next morning was perfect! Great team, great hotel, wonderful stay! Can't ask for anything more then that. Many thanks to the entire hotel team for making a very difficult few days just a little better!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have stayed at this hotel, at least 6 times a year since it opened. It is located halfway between our home and our kids and grandkids. It has always been clean, with a very couteous staff. It is just off rt 95, and is very close to a large number of stores and resturants. The only down side, is that some rooms on the right side of the building (looking from the front) are noisey due to a heat pump located at the end of the hallway. Do not take an end room on that side unless you appreciate a constant drone from the engine

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple