“2nd time here”

Cuisines: American, Pub
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 15, 2014 via mobile

My family dined here last summer while one vaca and again on this years summer vaca. we liked it last year and again this year. this time we dined in the courtyard as it was a lovely night. my husband enjoyed his chicken club and my daughter enjoyed her pulled pork platter. my crab bisque was bland & chicken wings were overcooked. we had an excellent server who is certainly an asset to the restaurant.

1  Thank eji358

Reviewed August 4, 2014

This place looked huge and inviting from the outside. The food was average and the service was slow. The restrooms also needed some cleaning. The staff were friendly though.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We walked in for a late lunch this afternoon. It was my sales manager's birthday and he wanted to eat at J. Brian's. After several minutes of waiting for a server, I got up to order two beers at the bar and asked the bartender if there was wait staff for the tables and if they were still serving lunch. His response came across as indignant and apathetic (OK, maybe he was slammed at the bar or having a bad day?) He said there were three servers on the floor. I looked around and said to him, it's not busy in the dining room, where are they? We finally got a server who came to our table and was friendly. We ordered the burgers. They were ok, but the buns were dry and appeared not to be fresh. This is my sixth time eating at J Brian's over the past two years and each visit, the service has been slow, the wait staff is not well trained, the bread served on their hamburgers and sandwiches is not fresh. Each time, including this afternoon, I leave J Brian's scratching my head, "why should I expect better from them?" I live within walking distance of J Brian's. I want to support the local restaurants. On a nice day, their courtyard is a fun place to sit outside, bring your dog and have a nice lunch. Today's lunch left me feeling not ok with the whole experience. Maybe food is not their thing? Come 5:00pm this evening, the place will be packed with patrons and the beer and booze will be flowing.

Reviewed July 1, 2014

Ambience is old world pub; staff is effiicent and charming but lacks some knowledge of the menu items. Food was ample and prepared well with exception of sweet potatoe fries that were overcooked and steak sandwich that was tough and stringy - I don't recommend this.

Reviewed June 25, 2014

Stopped for lunch during a day trip to Fredericksburg. Cheese fries with bacon was a hit with the kids. Unexpected chicken fried steak in a steak sandwich was nevertheless good. When wait staff. Hesitates on whether the pizza is good believe it. If you liked that chef boyar dee make it yourself from the seventies, go for it. Otherwise choose something else.