“Wonderful coffee, great location for people watching”
Review of Hyperion Espresso

Hyperion Espresso
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
South Carolina
“Wonderful coffee, great location for people watching”
Reviewed September 30, 2013

Hyperion Espresso is a fantastic little corner coffee shop that brews some fabulous creations. Their barristas are helpful and friendly, and are happy to recommend menu items if you're uncertain what you might want. There's outdoor tables that are great for people watching, and also very dog friendly. In fact, they've been known to leave out a bowl of fresh water for your pet, or provide you water for your dog if you need it. Great place to stop and refuel if you're strolling around Fredericksburg.

Visited October 2012

Arlington, Virginia
“Not Gluten Free, "Gluten Free" Brownies”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

I am from Fredericksburg and love to go to the Hyperion for coffee and to study or read. I was there this past Sunday and was surprised to see gluten free brownies for sale. As a Celiac (and a skeptic), I fliped over the brownie packaging and scanned the ingredients list. Low and behold the brownies were not "Gluten Free", they are "Wheat Free". Big difference for someone with Celiac’s. When I tried to tell the girl behind the registered that the brownie's were labeled wrong she became flustered and quickly blurted out that the "oat flour" did not contain gluten. I tried to explain that my concern was the fact that on the brownie packaging it clearly states "wheat" under the "Allergan’s Statement" but should ignored me and just repeated the total of my bill. I paid then went home and wrote an email to Hyperion about the brownies. I even sent them the company's website (Protein Brownies: http://proteinbakery.com/collections/brownies) where it clearly states their brownies are NOT certified gluten free.

Once they change their sign (I suggested "Wheat Free"), I will update all the posts I have been making. I love Hyperion but I dislike when companies label things "gluten free" when they are not. It's not safe and people can get sick so a company can increase their profits.

• Visited July 2013
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“A necesity for travel in Fredericksburg”
Reviewed June 13, 2013

We ate our pastry and coffee 3 out of the 4 mornings we stayed in town. Super competent friendly staff, fresh baked goods, and great coffee. Don't miss it, a short walk from the Marriott, and opens early.

• Visited April 2013
Stafford, Virginia
“Best little coffee shop in Fredericksburg”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

My husband and I enjoyed this coffee shop more than we enjoyed our anniversary dinner at a local restaurant - so it was a treat and a breath of fresh air to be treated so kindly to a nice cup of joe from this local shop

Visited December 2012
1 Thank Carrie P
Rochester, Minnesota
“Popular, but a bit overrated”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

The best part of Hyperion is the people watching. They do offer a wide variety of coffees and teas though, so it's relatively easy to find something for everyone.

Visited June 2012