“Clean and Friendly”

Best Western Fredericksburg
Ranked #6 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed November 13, 2013

I was pleased with my stay. The staff is very helpful and friendly. The breakfast each morning was just what I needed. Beds were very comfortable! U recommend this hotel to anyone coming to this area. It was very central for me. Recommend :)

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
47084, Manager at Best Western Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2013

Thank You for your business and for writing your review. Please come back some time!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

Called ahead and was told the room was $79 when we arrived were told it was $99 then when I said I had called ahead and was told it was $79 the arrogant man at the front desk told me it was $89. When I asked him if he would give me the room for $79 since that is what I was told he said no the rate was $89 and they were sold out!!
I asked if you are sold out how are you going to give me a room. His reply was I know I can get $89 for it.
We were exhausted from traveling but were not going to be bullied by this rude man. Drove down the road to another hotel
What every happened to just treating people with common decency!!

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
47084, Manager at Best Western Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 13, 2013

We are sorry about your experience, however our rate is in fact $89.00 unless you are entitled to a qualifying discount such as AAA. It is not our policy nor business practice to confer with guests as you described.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I often stay at the Fredericksburg Best Western. The rooms are clean and comfortable, the staff is professional and courteous, and the location is great (shopping, access to 95, numerous restaurants nearby).The free morning breakfast is great and not limited to just breakfast muffins, boxed cereal and fruit.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
47084, General Manager at Best Western Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2013

Thank You for being a regular guest of ours, we truly appreciate our customers, because frankly we wouldnt be here without you, we hope you find a warm sincere welcome, because we love having you stay with us!

Reviewed November 11, 2013

If you don't have a car, then expect to use the town's (somewhat unreliable) cab services. I tried walking to my destination to/from this hotel, and it didn't work out (sidewalks would end, had to cross main roads w/ no crosswalks, etc)... so be prepared for that. Fine hotel stay for 2-night trip (here for a conference at UMW). Didn't take advantage of many amenities, but felt comfortable there.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Thank You for your review, we hope you had an enjoyable stay , despite your local transportation issues, and hope you will return some day.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Although this is an older motel, but it is very clean and well kept. It is conveniently located, the staff is very service oriented and the price is right. We have found we have to screen many of the older Best Westerns very carefully through sights such as Trip Advisor, as some of them are in pretty poor shape. This is a very good one and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel is a great value when visiting your kid for the weekend. You are in a commercial area, just seconds off I-95 on Route 3 and not much is walkable, but you are so close to historic downtown Fredericksburg and the commercial shopping areas if you need stuff or food for college. The rooms have a large mini-frig for your wine or tailgate food and a small MW. It's pet-friendly for an extra charge, and a fairly decent breakfast -- not gourmet, but it works and saves you that expense. This is an old motel which seems like it's being updated with more plush hotel-type amenities and service. It's so worth the value. Remember to use your AAA discount.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
47084, Owner at Best Western Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2013

Thank you for your review, we hope to see you a few more times while your child is at UMW!

Reviewed October 30, 2013

I've stayed at this Best Western numerous times while visiting my daughter at UMW. The grounds are well maintained, lobby has a homey touch, rooms are clean, and the staff is friendly. I've tried a few other hotels in the area that sometimes were a better price but keep coming back to Best Western since we've consistently had a good experience!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mary5965
47084, Owner at Best Western Fredericksburg, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

thank you for posting your review, and for giving us more opportunities to serve your lodging needs!, we are glad you felt at home here.