“Excellent Turkish Food!”

Smyrna
Ranked #92 of 441 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Reviewed January 21, 2014

I am a gyro fan. I try them everywhere I go, and most of the time they are 'okay'. Smyrna has the best tasting gyro meat I have ever had, anywhere, hands down! My wife who doesn't even like the taste of gyro meat liked it.

The service was friendly and prompt. We got a full run-down of the menu and were even offered a sample of their foods.

We were very pleased with the taste and quality of the food, and we will be back! Very authentic place. A hidden gem in Fredericksburg.

There are newer reviews for Smyrna

Reviewed December 9, 2013 via mobile

Smyrna was a great find!! It was such a joy to get authentic Turkish food. The atmosphere was very warming, and the owners are very hands on. They will make sure you have a great dining experience. If you happen to be passing through Fredericksburg, you must stop and dine. This place is easy to find, and right acrodd the street is the birth place of George Washington. Again, Smyrna Mediterranean Cuisine & Cafe you can't go wrong!!

Reviewed October 8, 2013

Across the river from Old Town Fredericksburg this is a great little store and place to eat for Greek food with a Turkish twist. Often playing belly dancing videos on their TV they'lll be sure to tell you how they make their food and what their ingredients are - all natural and AWESOME! Take their olive oil taste test - you won't believe the differences. Across the street from Ferry Farm GW's boyhood home, a great place for lunch or dinner!

Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

Our family was discussing whether to go to the pizza place or the Turkish restaurant next door. One of Smyrna's owners popped out and invited us in. We're glad we went. They were extremely nice, gave us samples of appetizers, and thoughts on what to eat. The food was good, and we look forward to returning another time. I'd like to try the sandwich my father-in-law had next time I eat there, but I have no regrets on choosing the tasty falafel sandwich I had.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

I was visiting Fredericksburg and came across this restaurant on Trip Advisor. It was located on a strip mall, but don't let that stop you from enjoying both Turkish and Greek foods! The owner greeted us, even let us sample some her appetizers to help us choose what we wanted to eat. My husband and I have eaten homemade Turkish food in Europe, and visited Greece. We both can attest to the authenticity of the cooking. We selected an appetizer sampler. Stuffed grapes leaves (just lightly topped with a sauce, not too much lemon or cinnamon/nutmeg), babaghanoush and hummus. For the main course, we had the manisa style lamb kebab and the Turkish form of moussaka. Both of them were good. We ended our meal with sharing a piece of baklava and Turkish coffees. They offer Efes beer too! The owner came over and asked us how we liked the food.. She seemed genuinely concerned about customer feedback. The decor did remind me of the Mediterranean, to include a couch with a coffee table and backgammon set. I will definitely come back again and even with a cooler to take some food home to prepare! While sitting there, there were some customers coming in to purchase the uncooked main courses to take home. My cooler will also include some of the Dolmas (stuffed grape leaves).