“Nice place”

29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Nice place”
Reviewed August 8, 2014 via mobile

Was in town visiting family and my mother planned the trip. It's a nice place and it's fairly cheap for a place for the kids to play for a couple of hours. It's a lot of imagination play and really makes the kids think. Overall it's a nice place and I would recommend for kids from infant (small separate room) up to, I say 6ish.

Fredericksburg, Virginia
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Shocked”
Reviewed August 4, 2014

Having taken our granddaughter to the Richmond Children's Museum several times, we were so excited to be getting one in Fredericksburg. That is, until we took her there. This one is the same price as in Richmond, but is about 1/3 the size and doesn't have nearly as much for the kids to do. Can't believe that Fredericksburg waited this long for a something like this for the kids, and this is all they get. If you have to go, try to wait until 4pm and get the discounted price--because it's sure not worth full price. The hour or two that they're open after 4 is more than enough time there.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank Anita L
Washington DC, District of Columbia
36 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 57 helpful votes
“A pleasant surprise”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Drove roughly an hour from DC to visit this Children's Museum on a weekday afternoon with my wife and six children, ages 1, 2, 4, 5, 8, and 9. It's situated in a shopping plaza; parking was free and available. Admission was reasonable, $8 a person, although I fail to recognize why they, or any children's museum, charge admission for adults. Moderate size, everything is on a single level. Staff was friendly and easy-going when interacting with the kids. The entire place was clean and it was obvious the staff picked up periodically during the day. Barring the column in the middle, one can see everything which makes it easier keeping an eye on multiple kids. The overall design is well thought out, flows right, and the production values are excellent. They have a small gift ship area, snacks for sale, and a seating area if you choose to bring in your own food. There's four bathrooms, a pair on each side. The first play area is a baby & toddler area, where our youngest son played happily for hours. The next area is tire themed: a climbing structure resembling stacks of tires with a bell to ring at the peak, a construct your own lego-esque car area, a downhill racing track, and a sandbox area with finely shredded tires in lieu of sand. The next section is an art & craft area, with the usual. On the back wall is the storefronts: dentist, bank, restaurant, grocery store. This area was bustling with children playing town. In the corner is a reading area with a collection of books and beanbag chairs. Next to that is a stage with dress-up clothes. In the center is a triangular column with magnetic wall ball machine, an air tube machine, and an interactive screen game. My few complaints is I wish they had more seating scattered around for parents (comfortable chairs, not the backless wooden benches), its size is limited when compared to other museums, and an indoor playground structure would be nice. Overall, the amount of area is similar to the National Children's Museum in National Harbor, which I wrote a harsh review for, but the space is utilized so much better at CMoR: Fredericksburg. After visiting this location our appetite is whetted to visit the Main Children's Museum in Richmond in the near future.

Visited July 2014
2 Thank George M
Hagerstown, Maryland
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Opened May 10, 2014”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

We took our 3 year old grandson here on Saturday June 7, 2014 on our way to Richmond. He loved it as I can imagine any kid would. It's all indoors. They have a tire climbing thing, a sand box type of thing (but with small rubber pieces instead of dirty sand), a grocery store, restaurant, bank, dentist office, stage with dress up costumes, a reading room, an activity room and more! Everything was hands-on. It was very clean and everything appeared to be in its place. My grandson loved it and so did my husband and I. We will return.

Visited June 2014