My husband and I stayed here for a few days during our recent trip to Virginia. This hotel was clean and quiet (and I'm VERY picky about cleanliness in hotels). We ended up in a suite (oh, darn), which was actually two adjoining rooms; one room is the bedroom area, and the other has a kitchenette with microwave, sink, and mini-fridge, a dining table, and a seating area with a sofa, chairs, and television. This would probably be especially nice for a family or a businessperson.
The bed was comfortable (though the pillows seemed a bit small), and the curtains definitely kept the room pitch-black! Also, one can open the windows to let fresh air in, something I always prefer when in a hotel. The staff was friendly, the breakfast was fine (not spectacular, but who in the world expects haute cuisine at a non-five star hotel?), the internet worked perfectly. There also seemed to be plenty of parking. We had a very nice stay and would stay here again.
Also, for those with aesthetic concerns, I'd like to note that the photos here are old. The laughable Formica top meant to resemble (mock?) wood countertops in the bathroom have been replaced with something much more easy on the eye (probably a composite stone, but I really didn't care other than it looked nicer). The decor isn't quite as garish as shown in the photographs and is in fact fair for a hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Staff at Country Inn & Suites hotel in Fredericksburg, VA takes great pride in offering guest rooms and suites that ensure every guest feels right at home. Rooms include complimentary high speed wireless Internet access, cable TV, refrigerator and microwave, just to name a few. We are pleased to offer a complimentary continental Breakfast each morning. Don't forget to relax in our pool. We also have meeting space available for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Travelocity, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and getaroom.com so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns & Suites Fredericksburg South Hotel Fredericksburg
- Country Inns And Suites Fredericksburg South
- Fredericksburg Country Inn