Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed October 28, 2013

While waiting on our house to be built we stayed here for 3 months. Everyone went out of thier way to make our stay enjoyable. From Jonathan, Laura, Miley and everyone at the front desk. To Eury and all the housekeeping and maintenence staff. And including the sales manager(Staphanie) and the owner. They always had a smile and friendly hello. When we first got there our small dog (Duncan MaGee) had to adjust. We left him in the room and he started barking. The front desk would call me and ask if they could go in and sit with him for a minute. It was never treated as a complaint, it was more about making the pet comfortable. Surprisingly it only took 2 days and we never had another issue with his barking. I think this was due to the attention he got from the staff.
If you have a pet there is no place better to stay in the eastern USA.
This hotel and it's staff will always hold a warm place in our hearts. Thank you for being you
Mike and Kim Boyd

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Mike B
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Dear Mr. & Mrs. B - From all of us at Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg, thank you for the wonderful review! We greatly appreciate you allowing us the opportunity to be your home away from home for an extended period of time. It was our pleasure having you as our guests. We will miss you and our new favorite pooch who quickly became a member of our extended families too. Congratulations again on the new home. Please come back and visit when you can.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stayed here in October 2013 for my brother's wedding, which was also held at the hotel. The hotel staff were VERY pleasant, especially considering there were over 100 of us attending this wedding.

Breakfast was your standard sausage, eggs, waffles, biscuits, as well as cereal and toast, however I did like that they had free cookies and coffee in the lobby 24/7.

The pool and hot tub were very nice, even with it being chilly outside, the chill didn't make it inside the pool area, which was great.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2013

Dear Guests; Thank you for being a first time guest of the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South! We are delighted to be a part of your families special day and glad to see that everyone had a wonderful time. We are very pleased to see that you had a great experience as our guests and thank you again for the great review.

Please come back and visit us anytime, there are events going on year round in our historic town and we welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

My husband and I are both pet hotel snobs and this is one of the nicest pet friendly hotels we have been to. Our room was spacious and clean as was the common area of the hotel and guess what no doggie smell in our room!! This is the half way point to our second home in SC so we will definitely be back again. Good breakfast and very friendly and accommodating staff.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guests; Thank you for selecting the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South as your place to stay. We are delighted to see another first time guest of ours had a wonderful experience and greatly appreciate the 5 star review as well as the compliments for our staff and services. Safe travels to you and your family, we look forward to welcoming you all back again soon.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Like all of the other Country Inn properties I have used, this one provides a very comfortable bed, clean room, excellent WiFi and the best breakfasts of the hotel chains I've used. It is located near a large shopping area. It is a bit of distance from the historic downtown area if you are looking for that type of thing.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you for your very kind review, we are pleased to see a long time guest of Country Inn brand joining us for the first time in Fredericksburg. We are delighted to see that the accommodations, location and amenities were a great fit for your travel needs. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

This was our first experience with the Country Inn chain. We travel back and forth to Florida and most times take the 81 South route. This being football season, there were no hotels available last weekend in Roanoke - our midway stop. So we looked at the 94 corridor and found this one. When you travel with a pet, the choices in hotels is very limited and can be problematic. Most times we stay at LaQuinta hotels for price and convenience, but have been disappointed in the past 2 stays as we feel they have diminished their quality.
So, with this as a comparison, we were very pleased - giving an excellent review - with this hotel. The bed was very comfortable, the room quite spacious. In spite of the hotel being sold out with families, it was a great night's sleep (even on the front side of the hotel). Our room was spotless and our noise sensitive pup was not bothered at all.
Breakfast was a great surprise in the morning. While I agree they need another waffle maker and actually a larger overall breakfast room, I was very pleased with the variety of items offered - including breakfast burritos. I'm sure weekends are much busier than during the week, but they could improve their ratings by expanding the dining area.
The local Denny's is actually connected to the hotel, so on that rainy night, we were able to drop in for a quick, light dinner. Food and service were basic, but good.
It's right off 95 - so easy off and on. I noticed there were several restaurants in the area if you want a greater variety.
This hotel is on our "yes, we'll stay again" list for the future. Staff was friendly and responsive to everyone. They might think about adding another staff person for check-in on busy weekend nights. We had to wait in a line...

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Dear Guests; On behalf of the entire team welcome to the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South. Thank you very much for the wonderful review! We are so pleased to see that your first experience with the brand and with us exceeded your expectations and you had a enjoyable visit. We greatly appreciate your feedback and will use your comments as a way to improve upon our customer relations moving forward. We are delighted to see that you all will return and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Thank you again for being our guests.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

We planned a quick weekend trip on the fly and needed someplace in/near Fredericksburg that was pet-friendly. I am very glad we found this property. EVERY staff member we encountered was super-friendly to both us and to our dog. Great walking area out back, with well-stocked "poop bag" station. My only complaint is that if you take your dog out back in the evening there is NO lighting back there. As the hotel caters to pet owners, I would strongly recommend placing some lighting out there. I have to give a special shout-out to Myleigh who was super nice. Also, this is a great place if you have mobility issues. It was quite full, so we ended up in a handicapped accessible room which having traveled with my Mom in the past -- this room would have been great for her! No tub! Walk-in shower level with the floor. Both pool and hot tub were clean and had sling chairs to get in/out for those that needed it. Fabulous breakfast too! Meat, eggs, waffles, cereal, bagels....couldn't ask for more in that department!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah L, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you very much for the great review! We are pleased to see that the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South was a perfect fit for your family needs (and pooch had a great stay too!). Thank you for mentioning Myleigh personally in your review, we will certainly let her know that her customer service was well received and appreciated. Thank you for the suggestion about the lighting, we will look into this further. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Reviewed September 11, 2013

For the lg dog owner this place is great - huge oversized walking areas off by the "obsolete" outdoor pool and to south of parking lot - you shouldn't come across any other doggie piles of poo in such a large shaded walking area - they even provide doggie waste bags (for smaller dogs!) my dog needs a shovel or grocery bag! (lg rottie) . The rooms (kg suite - maybe even kg room) are quite large and you won't feel on top of each other - esp. w/ lg dog! Son slept on pull out sofa.
I wish they double sheeted their beds - the comforter thing has got to go - hate this - I don't believe these get washed so G R O S S.
My two biggest complaints were: Front desk clerk and breakfast.
Front desk - upon check in - she stated no suites on 2nd floor - and that I had been upgraded to a suite? I said - well, I paid for a suite!? I said - last time we stayed on 2nd floor and there was a room there w/ a kg bed and sleeper sofa and then she says well our king rooms do have sleeper sofas - so, I don't know if I got ripped off for a reg king or not - but, then she all of a sudden finds a "suite" on 2nd floor and gives us the room - but, not after unprofessionally telling me she had to kick the previous guest out of the room because his credit card wasn't good and she was going to call the police - really - none of my concern.
2nd - breakfast -while I do greatly appreciate the free breakfast and it is above average in selection and taste - the place is WAY TOO SMALL and awkward! no one can move on a busy wend AM - seriously - big long lines and no where to sit - they really need to reconfigure this and the poor man in charge was working diligently to keep up while the two front desk ladies could hardly be bothered with helping me get some more napkins.
I also reported that our room was very noisy - some AC unit or bathroom fan (not ours as it did not work) came on intermittently during the night and I literally thought an airplane or helicopter was upon us!?
If it weren't for traveling w/ a large dog we would look for another place to stay. The $130 was steep for us - but, we needed it for the dog.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank beardogmom
vburbage, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2013

Thank you for your review! I am glad to hear that you and your family were comfortable, and that your dog was happy :) I regret to hear about your experience with our customer service representative, and will address this so that it does not happen in the future. We value you and all of our guests, and want you to be happy with every aspect of our hotel.

I understand that on a busy morning the breakfast room fills up quickly. I will bring your comments to the other managers so that we may discuss a solution. Thank you again, and I hope you will stay with us next time you are in town!