Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #12 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed August 20, 2013

Overall the room is adequate. Furniture, bed, and bedding are modern. Only complaint was the shower head had red mold and the door leading into the bathroom had moderate water damage. Bedroom walls were very dirty near the luggage rack. Breakfast changed daily and was a good start to the day. The cookies were gooey and delicious.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded August 22, 2013

Dear Guests; Thank you for sharing your review with us. We appreciate you bringing these items to our attention so we can look into this further and make the necessary improvements. We are pleased to see that overall you had an enjoyable time as our guests and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

Gosh!!! I want that bed! So comfy, super clean sheets, nice bedding. Clean carpet. I loved the fresh cookies and even doggy biscuits. Great hotel super close to I-95. I called them first and they offered me AAA rate of $109 but via online booking site, we paid $86. Lovely! Great breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2013
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Dear Guests; Thank you very much for the 5 star review! We appreciate you sharing your trip with us and delighted to see that the hotel, accommodations and services provided all exceeded your expectations. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future. Thank you again for your being our guests.

Reviewed August 7, 2013

After 13 hours in the car we where very happy to be their... Québec is to far away! We where even happyer that Check inn was fast and easy the girl at the front desk was very nice and quick. They even offer cookies to the kids when we got their!! We where even more happy that the room was clean and exactly has seen in pictures! The beds are super comfy! We did not get the roll away bed we asked for but made do with what we had! Their is a chair and stuf so we made a bed for are youngest and it was fine! Not a lot of place acept family of 5 persons in a room and we hate to not be all together so we really liked that they Accept it!!! The kids had a blass in the pool after all that Time in the car they where very happy to let loose a little ... And my husband enjoyed the hot tub to relax after all that driving !!! We called for extra blankets and service was really fast with a nice smile! Breakfast the next morning was great their was something for everybody! From fresh fruits to omelets to yogourt the fresh waffles bacon( that was rond the kids found that so funny ) cereals and lots more! They accept pet we did not bring ares but we saw a lot and it did not wake us up are nothing like that. We Will for sure go back on my next trip to north Carolina cause we go every year and this place is by far the best we had! It is easy to get to rigth of the i95 and we loved that the starbuck was not far the next morning to get are cafee for the ride!!! So all and all we really like the place it was a first but not a last! And we will tell friends about it to!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Guests; Thank you for the great 5 star review! We appreciate you selecting the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South as your place to stay for the evening. We are very pleased to see that we exceeded your expectations and you and your family had a wonderful time as our guests. We look forward to seeing you all again next year. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed August 5, 2013 via mobile

Pet friendly (10$ fee reasonable) super comfy beds, delicious breakfast lots of variety! I came here based on reviews and it did not dissapoint. We will definitely stay here again! Great location close enough to old fredricksburg for great antiquing!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Laura C
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review ! We are very pleased to see we exceeded your expectations and you had a great stay. We appreciate your business. We look forward to being your choice hotel the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed August 3, 2013

My husband and I spent 8 months at the Country Inn and Suites South and our stay was wonderful. The hotel was very well maintained and the staff and management were very attentive. During our stay our little Pomeranian passed away and the entire staff was very caring and sent a wonderful fresh fruit basket from Edible Arrangement. Mr Johnathan Cummings the Assist GM and Mr Randal Dowdy the GM are fantastic. We were treated like family from the first to the last day. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the area while vacationing or just passing through. I will admit that we do miss their smiling faces every day.

Clay and Pam Stephens

Room Tip: The suites are very spacious. If long term the 3rd floor has laundry center.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Guest; Thank you for the wonderful 5 star review! We are delighted to see that you had a great stay and appreciate you personally recognizing not only Jonathan and Randall as team members that stood out for you but the rest of the staff as well. It was a pleasure having you and your husband as our guest we appreciate you selecting the Country Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South as your home away from home. We look forward to seeing you again.

Reviewed July 26, 2013

Have now stayed 1 week of what will be a 3 month stay. Of all the hotels I have ever stayed in this one is the friendliest. Staff really appears to enjoy working here and makes every effort to get to know you. Have only had one issue with room and it was addressed immediately. (Can opener didn't work). Obviously this hotel is well managed and while I have never recommended a hotel before I felt I had to this time. Too many names to list everyone, but standouts are Stephanie, Jonathon, Lisa, Justin, Ursa(Housekeeping)(hope I got that name right),and Myleigh.

Room Tip: Rear rooms face woods
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest; On behalf of the hotel team and management, I'd like to personally thank you for the great review! Our goal is to provide exceptional service in a clean, friendly, warm and inviting atmosphere. I am delighted to see we exceeded your expectations from the moment you arrived. I also appreciate the shout outs for our wonderful staff, thank you for recognizing each one personally in your review. Please let us know at any time if we can be of assistance to you. Thank you again for your business.

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I had a wonderful stay at the Country Inn and Suites property on Warrenton Road last year. I thought it would be the same at your hotel. I was happy to be informed that my online upgrade request had been approved. We were excited to find a nice room for our evening stay.

It was my tenth wedding anniversary and we came to the hotel after a wonderful dinner, hoping for a quiet, relaxing evening together, before making the trip home.
We checked in about 8:30pm. While the hallway smelled of powdered carpet cleaner, the room air seemed fine. The room temperature was much too cold. Neither my wife or I were dressed for winter and neither of us had coats or sweaters packed since the night temperature outside was between 75-80 degrees in this summer heat. We couldn't adjust the temperature in the room, as only cold air would blow from the unit. I turned off the fan.

The bed had only a bedspread and single sheet. My wife was freezing. I found some woven blankets in the closet, but upon opening the plastic, they didn't seem to have been recently laundered. We didn't want to use them in case they had not been cleaned from other guests.

I went to the front desk shortly after 9pm. Miley at the front desk told me that nothing could be done about the room temperature except turning off the fan. While she was pleasant and professional, she was not helpful or sympathetic. I returned to the room and tried to stay warm with my wife. After several hours we couldn't take it any more. We checked out around 12:30am to drive home where we could be warm. In checking out, the male associate at the front desk asked about my stay. When I described the temperature problem as the reason for leaving, he asked if the earlier associate had offered me a heater. No, she did not. He happily processed my checkout.

I had a great anniversary, up until my stay at this hotel. I'm sure my anniversary is not their concern, but I expected a reasonable evening in a comfortable room. To add insult to injury, they did not offer to compensate my stay, and the manager simply thank me for my comments. Do yourself a favor and pick a different hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Sarah G, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Guest; On behalf of the General Manager and team at the Country Inn and Suites, we would like to express our regrets that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, our goal is to always provide exceptional service to all our guests and we apologize we did not meet that goal for you. I understand you spoke with our General Manager and he would like to also say thank you and how much he appreciated your time and your comments, feedback like yours is important and he'd like to personally invite you back to try us again one day so we can show you that we are better than your first experience. Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us. We greatly appreciate your feedback. We do hope you and your wife will consider being our guests again in the near future.