“Not the best experience at a CI&S”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
Ranked #14 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
North Carolina
“Not the best experience at a CI&S”
Reviewed June 25, 2008

This is our favorite hotel chain and we are Gold Points members. I booked our room on-line; didn't notice anywhere that states the top floor is ALL SMOKING. I clicked onto the NON SMOKING icon, then where it asked for "special things", typed in top floor if possible.

We always request a top floor at any hotel because we don't like listening to the "pitter patter" of feet above us.

When we checked into the hotel we were told we had a smoking room. We told them we did NOT check the smoking icon and the clerk told us their top floor was ALL smoking! She then changed us to the 1st floor (the PET floor!!!!) and we asked if there were any other rooms since we did NOT have a pet.

We finally ended up on the 3rd floor; usual spacious king room with good selections on the t.v. The bedroom area was clean; bathroom was clean except for a black hair on the clean washcloth on the sink area (on the one folded accordian-style) and one on the commode (which we had not used). Figured they must be from the cleaning staff and dealt with it.

All in all, the room was clean and the mattress good and firm, HOWEVER........it was a THICK mattress and the regular size sheets were on our mattress and kept coming off during the night and getting wadded up beneath us! If hotels are going to use these new size mattresses, they should use the correct size sheets! The fitted sheet came down to just halfway towards the bottom of the mattress! It is not fun to wake up to a sheet hitting you in the face at 1am!

We usually do our traveling in May and September when schools are still in session. We had to listen to doors slamming on our floor and those above and beneath us til around midnight. Had it not been for this fact, our stay would have been perfect. The walls are thick enough so that no voices were a problem, just children allowed to run wild up and down the halls.

This is a good hotel and we would probably stay there again, just not on a busy weekend in June!

• Liked — Proximity to our relatives in the area
  • Disliked — Rude children slamming doors til midnight and ill-fitting sheets on mattress
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Reviewed June 6, 2008

Our visit to the Country Inn and Suites in Fredericksburg was short but nice. The hotel is clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly and helpful. This is my 3rd time staying at the chain ( I stayed at the one in Gettysburg, Pa., too) and the quality is consistant. They have a very nice free breakfast -- with a large selection of food. The hotel in Fredericksburg is not in the historic town area but out on the highway. However, the rooms were quiet and the ride into town was less than 10 minutes. There is a huge shopping complex across the road from the hotel -- and the shops and restaurants wind up and down the highway -- you could never run out of places to eat and shop after touring the battlefields and seeing the other historic sites in the area.

• Liked — The rooms were fairly priced and clean -- plus free breakfast.
  • Disliked — The location was away from the center of town.
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Carol
Peekskill, NY
Reviewed April 30, 2008

My wife and I were traveling to New York from Orlando. It was late and we needed a place to stay. We have an 8lb Pomeranian so it is not always easy to find a place. We pulled off 95 and I saw the Country Inn & Suites. We had never stayed at one before, by I had checked one out a few years ago and it looked nice, so I felt this might be the same. It was 11:30 pm on a Friday and they still had a room. I mentioned to them that we had a puppy and they said it would not be a problem. Unlike most Country Inn & Suites, this one just happened to be pet freindly. I would recommend it to anyone staying in Fredericksberg. It was very clean. Staff were friendly. Nice big room. Our room was next to the elevator and this was not a problem. You get a little noise from the hall but not bad. They had a nice complementary breakfast which was well attended to by the hotel. Throughly enjoyed our brief stay.

• Liked — Pet Friendly
  • Stayed April 2008, traveled as a couple
1 Thank PomTraveler
washington DC
Reviewed January 16, 2008

Hotel had the largest and most comfortable room I had ever stayed in. I stayed in a 2 room extended stay suite while on business in Fredericksburg. It had all the amenties of my kitchen at home. My family traveled with me on this trip and they enjoyed the large indoor swimming pool and exercise facility. My kids loved eating at the Dennys restaurant in the hotel. I strongly recommend this hotel for anybody wanting a great room at a great price.

• Liked — Large Rooms
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed November 2007, traveled on business