This is our favorite hotel chain and we are Gold Points members. I booked our room on-line; didn't notice anywhere that states the top floor is ALL SMOKING. I clicked onto the NON SMOKING icon, then where it asked for "special things", typed in top floor if possible.
We always request a top floor at any hotel because we don't like listening to the "pitter patter" of feet above us.
When we checked into the hotel we were told we had a smoking room. We told them we did NOT check the smoking icon and the clerk told us their top floor was ALL smoking! She then changed us to the 1st floor (the PET floor!!!!) and we asked if there were any other rooms since we did NOT have a pet.
We finally ended up on the 3rd floor; usual spacious king room with good selections on the t.v. The bedroom area was clean; bathroom was clean except for a black hair on the clean washcloth on the sink area (on the one folded accordian-style) and one on the commode (which we had not used). Figured they must be from the cleaning staff and dealt with it.
All in all, the room was clean and the mattress good and firm, HOWEVER........it was a THICK mattress and the regular size sheets were on our mattress and kept coming off during the night and getting wadded up beneath us! If hotels are going to use these new size mattresses, they should use the correct size sheets! The fitted sheet came down to just halfway towards the bottom of the mattress! It is not fun to wake up to a sheet hitting you in the face at 1am!
We usually do our traveling in May and September when schools are still in session. We had to listen to doors slamming on our floor and those above and beneath us til around midnight. Had it not been for this fact, our stay would have been perfect. The walls are thick enough so that no voices were a problem, just children allowed to run wild up and down the halls.
This is a good hotel and we would probably stay there again, just not on a busy weekend in June!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our Staff at Country Inn & Suites hotel in Fredericksburg, VA takes great pride in offering guest rooms and suites that ensure every guest feels right at home. Rooms include complimentary high speed wireless Internet access, cable TV, refrigerator and microwave, just to name a few. We are pleased to offer a complimentary continental Breakfast each morning. Don't forget to relax in our pool. We also have meeting space available for up to 100 people. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Carlson, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Country Inns & Suites Fredericksburg South Hotel Fredericksburg
- Country Inns And Suites Fredericksburg South
- Fredericksburg Country Inn