Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA
Great 4.5/5
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
Very Good 4/5
All reviewscookiesroom was cleanpet friendly hotelsthe general managerwould definitely stay here againeasy accessstaff was friendlywafflesreturn tripfirst floorconvenient locationfree breakfastlong driveindoor poolgreat place to stayoff the highwaythe breakfast area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 23, 2012

Never thought we would like Country Inn and Suites....Always went for the full service big brother Radission...but to our surprise this seem to be a nice facility.
Internet was free.
Breakfast included
Brittany was very helpful and professional.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank OurTripTip4U
Reviewed July 14, 2012

It was not a pleasant experience. The second day of our stay they did not clean our room. We gave a complaint at the front desk but the manager never call us. The third day we went out at 10;00AM, when we came back at 2:45PM our room was still not ready.
I would not come back to this hotel again.
The good thing about this hotel is that is pet friendly and is well located.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
vburbage, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), VA, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2012

I am sorry to see that you did not enjoy your stay at our hotel. Our records indicate that housekeeping did attempt to clean you room several times, but that you had a do not disturb sign up and/or a loose dog in the room. For our guests privacy we do not clean rooms which have a do not disturb sign on the door. For our guest pets safety as well as our staff, we do not enter rooms with a loose dog. Please contact me directly if you have any questions or wish to duiscuss this further. Thank you

Reviewed July 2, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was midway in our trip to Savannah and because it was pet friendly and we were traveling with our dog. We found it to be very satisfactory, and I am very fussy staying in motels as we usually travel in our motorhome. I had no complaints at all. We were put on the ground floor as requested for the dog and our room was right around the corner from the exit. Very easy to take the dog out. The room was clean and well appointed. There were some worn spots on the bathroom door bottom and tub, but the carpet looked new and everything else was just fine. The breakfast was good, something for everyone I would say. I had oatmeal with strawberries and a bagel. No complaints here. We are planning on staying here again on our way back to New York.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2012 via mobile

Walked in here during a severe thunderstorm. Originally we were going to stop in Stafford, but the wind and lightening made for unsafe driving conditions so we just decided to get off the road and unfortunately pulled into this place. It was so bad that my three year old was literally shaking.
The clerk said that there were no regular rooms left, only suites that supposedly run $180, but he would be willing to give the "rock bottom" price of $140. I asked if he could at least take the price down to $125 (this was reasonanle since the Ashland country inn offered their last available room, a jacuzzi suite for $125. I declined b/c we didn't want to spend that much. I should've just taken that room but hindsight is 20/20). So my choices were to either take the suite or take a terrified toddler back into the storm. Needless to say, I took the suite.
Well, I use the term suite in the loosest sense. I guess you could say it was a suite in that it was spacious, but that was it. The wall near the kitchenette was splattered with old food from the garbage. The living area is lit by 3 lightbulbs (one of which didn't work). As far as decor goes, there isn't any. There is just empty wall space with the occasional picture of the battle fought in fredricksburg. Gee, I loved staring at pictures of dead bodies and violence next to the bed! How relaxing. Most of the stark white walls were dank, dirty (black) and the whole place was just dingy.
We didn't even eat the free breakfast in the morning as people were packed into the dining area like sardines and it was about 90 degrees in there. The food area was dirty (garbage all over the floor, spilled food all over the buffet) No thank you! I was told that there was only one person to run the breakfast so there was nothing that could be done.
I brought these problems to the front desk's attention and was given a 30% discount so it brought the bill to $122 w/ tax. I still paid too much. Never again.
If you are traveling and need a place to stay, go to the Ashland location. It's a million times better.

• Stayed: June 2012
Management response:Responded July 6, 2012

I am sorry to hear thast you did not enjoy your stay with us. As a recent Tripadvisor Certificate of Excellence winner, this is not typical of our guests stays with us. The storm was terifying for us all and many lost power, trees and even lives that night. Due to the storm we were short staffed Saturday mrorning and totally sold out with many guests not leacing as early as planned in the morning. This did cause an unusual overcrowding of our breakfast room. Our rates were high, not because of the storm, but because we were already almost sold out with grops and tournaments in the area. Our decor celebrates the rich history of Fredericksburg and I am sorry it was not to your personal liking. Please feel free to contact me personally re your stay with us.

Reviewed June 29, 2012

I stopped here very late one night after driving for about eight hours. I did not have a reservation and it was the first hotel I saw when I got off I-95. I was in for a treat! There wasn't anyone working the desk when I walked in. I waited for quite a few minutes until finally someone came to help me. I was a little shocked by the price, even with my military discount. Even with that short wait and the more expensive price, I still think this hotel deserves an Excellent rating. The room was very large, incredibly clean, and the bed was very comfy. I had no problem at all falling asleep. Despite a very active lobby late at night, the hotel was incredibly quiet. I checked in just before midnight on a weekday and there were at least a dozen people outside and in the lobby. Also, I was a young woman traveling completely alone and I felt very safe the whole time. In addition, I felt my car was safe too. All in all, I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo