“Great for Pets and People!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)

You added Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95) to your Saves list
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95)
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   5327 Jefferson Davis Highway, Fredericksburg, VA 22408   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Book early and Save 15%
Ranked #13 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
New Hampshire
“Great for Pets and People!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We stayed here on our way home from florida. It's convenient to the interstate and the location was very quiet, at least our room was.

We had a two queen bed room and it had plenty of space for us and our pet.

I thought the front desk personnel were just fine and the breakfast was good. They had cookies out all the time! Can't beat that.

There is a Denny's adjacent to the restaurant, and after a long day on the road it was nice to have something close by. Because we had our pet and didn't want to leave him in the room alone, I ordered our meals and my husband walked over to pick it up. Word of caution here...check your order before leaving. They forgot two items in ours.

This was a good stay and we'll stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank luv-to-travel-NH

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
fal river
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

i picked this hotel from book wanted to try franchise . upon entering hotel looked great . lady at desk was curtious and booked us at reasonable rate . room was new and claen bed were amazingly comfortable.breakfast was more theb enough and the women settin up was friendly

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Fredericksburg, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2012

I normally like Country Inns & Suites, but this one has terrible customer service from the front desk to the manager. When complaining to the manager all I got was "sorry!" The linens were threadbare also. Not a friendly place to stay.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
wilmington nc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2012

We were traveling north on December 21, 2011 and made a reservation at this hotel. After a long day of travel we checked in and were greeted by a friendly,helpful staff. We were in room 415 which was a king suite. The room was spotless and well appointed. The bedroom was separate from the living-kitchen area. Both had TV'S. It was such a pleasant place, more like a bed and breakfast, that we decided to order our dinner in from a local resturant. We had been traveling all day so it was such a nice surprize not to feel we had to leave again in search of a place to eat.The living room area had two comfotable chairs,a desk, sofa and a nice kitchen area.

I would highly recommend this hotel and look forward to staying there again when we travel to see family in the north.

Room Tip: highly recommend Room 415 very quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
montreal/stowe
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2012

Travelling North back home after a great vacation we had a pile of hotel coupon books on our laps. We saw this hotel's ad and called ahead asking for the walk-in rate. "No problem! We will hold it for you." we were told. Right off the I-95 it looked good. Check-in was painless (thanx Rich) and entered our room.

Very clean and updated with 2 Queen's. Asked for extra pillows which were quickly delivered. Fridge,microwave and coffee machine in the room.

This is a very well equiped hotel with an large indoor pool, meeting spaces and on-site restaurant. Even though there was a restaurant (Denny's?) there was also an included breakfast buffet. Much much better then most. Actually had hot dishes which we were told changed every day.

Very pleased. Paid $71 with all taxes. Sweet deal!

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
IAD
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2011

I am visiting the area frequently this year. The area including 20 miles north and south of I-95 does not really have a good area to stay. The hotel rate is quite expensive though hotels are merely 2 star at best. I think Hampton across the street is the best. I decided to try the different hotel and quite surprised with this country inn. Overall, the hotel room is clean and the bed was comfortable though rooms need renovation. I was recognized as a gold member and upgraded to corner room. This is the first time I was ever upgraded since Country Inns generally ignore the Club Carlson program. Then I was surprised with breakfast offerings: waffle, hot items - omelette's, potatoes, egg, bread, yogurt,...etc. But items look unhealthy. They even had welcome cookies at Front desk. But again, guests probably would not happy with these extra offerings. Just reduce the room rate, cut these unwanted spending period. I would not stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
Mobile, Alabama
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2011

Traveling from W. PA to OBX with 4 y/o boy and LARGE dog - needed a pet friendly place to stay mid-way.
Great location with plenty of food options nearby - convenient to Rt 95. But, not so close that we had a lot of road noise.
We reserved a King suite online w/ AAA discount. I called about a week in advance to confirm ressie and to request pack n play and a ground level room.
At check in - no ground level rooms available - given 2nd floor; spoke to manager since our large rotty has trouble w/ stairs and the elevator was central and somewhat inconvenient. He offered us a queen standard room on first floor which not work for us. we stayed on 2nd floor.
Room was quite large. Had a sm sofa and sm microwave/refrigerator. Decent sized bathroom. Remodeled nicely - somewhat older building - but, fine in appearance.
FREE cookies, coffees and dog biscuits! yay!! got our fill for sure - they bake the cookies fresh on site - yum-O.
Good warm breakfast is included. Ok service - ran out of forks and staff was somewhat slow in getting things replenished.
Large area(s) to walk dogs - however, out of doggie bags two days in a row.
Pool area pretty large with big jacuzzi - however, out of towels the next AM and basket full of dirty ones laid there from day before - w-end stay -so, I thought that unacceptable. I told janitor/maintenance person about towels - he grabbed a few from gym next door - still no new towels 2 hours later?
DO NOT STAY here if you don't like dogs - i never saw so many dogs!! But, clean - no doggie odors I noticed.

Room Tip: Find out what room type you want and then where they are located.
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank beardogmom
vburbage, Director of Sales at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Fredericksburg South (I-95), responded to this review, November 28, 2011
I am pleased to hear that you and your family (dog included) enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the minor inconveniences and hope that you will stay with us again. We do have a lot of pet owners (cats welcome also) stay with us and our housekeeping staff seems to keep any odors from being an issue. Thank you