New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Review of Comfort Suites Fredericksburg North

Comfort Suites Fredericksburg North
Ranked #8 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Beware.Comfort Inn or Comfort suites?”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

I have just completed a 3 week trip using Tripadvisor to select my hotels.Most came up to the ratings shown but I must warn anyone staying at this property that they may be paying "Comfort Suite" prices for a "Comfort Inn" room.My booking confirmation advised "1 room suite".According to Comfort Suites website all their suites are "Modern spacious suites " with "a full size sofa bed"My room was not spacious and did not have a sofa bed.In fact most Comfort Inns I have stayed at provided the same size or larger rooms.When I advised reception that I had not been given a suite I was advised that I had booked a Junior suite whatever that may be.Nothing on my confirmation mentions a "Junior suite".I believe that they must have lots of complaints regarding these rooms as the response seemed rehearsed.I will also add that the property was clean comfortable with a good breakfast.Choce hotels have not responded to my questions regarding this.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank barry m

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Surry, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

Our room was attractive, clean and comfortable with a nice TV and wifi, good breakfast, and chocolate chip cookies in the lobby in the evening. Staff was helpful with information about area attractions and dining.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Lyn1985
Plymouth, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

Stayed overnight on Sept 21, 2012 to break up the trip home from Myrtle Beach to NEPA. Booked using points on the Choice Hotel website. Check in was fast and easy, front desk staff was very friendly. Received a top floor room (as requested). Room was large and clean with comfortable beds. Hotel has an indoor heated pool, which was very nice. Breakfast area was large and clean, featuring hot eggs, sausage, etc. Do it yourself fresh waffles with regular and strawberry batter. Location is right off 95 making it an easy on and off, but heard no noise overnight. Great place and will stay there again.

Room Tip: Top floor in middle of building was quiet and had great WiFi reception
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lilmx5guy
Jugfork, MS
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

We were on a couple weeks vacation and this was our first time to stay in Comfort Suites we were very well impressed. Outstanding room. Friendly, helpful staff. Good breakfast. Enjoyed the stay. Quiet. What more can I say??? Thanks.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Jugfork
Agawam, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2012

I’m glad I stayed here before reading the reviews. We picked this from the coupon book as I have had very good experiences with comfort Suites. I found this one to be very nice for an overnight stay, I did not find any of the issues described in other reviews. It was clean, very friendly staff, good breakfast, The only comment I will agree with is that they are standard hotel rooms not “suites” it looks more like a comfort inn than a comfort suites, not a problem for an overnight stay, I would stay again if I was in the area.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Virginia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

Bed Bugs!! Terrible Customer Service!! Hotel appears to be clean and we will not dispute that! It took forever to check-in, no one availble! When "upgraded" to another room we were moved to another double bed room with a coffee table and sofa, SERIOUSLY???!!! That's what CS calls an upgrade after being grossed out by bed bugs and accused by hotel staff that we bought the bugs with us. No one from the staff or management checked in on us or showed any concern about our stay. Slipped the bill under the door and charged our credit card. It wasn't so much the bed bugs, although it is gross we were most disappointed by the accusation and lack of customer service. I guess the young lady at the front desk had to get back outside to chill on the bench with her friends. The beds are uncomfortable!

Room Tip: RUN or DRIVE as fast as you can to another hotel!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank VAis4Lovers04
Syracuse, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at this Comfort Suites on our way south. We realized we had actually stayed here before & it was fabulous this time as well! The room was very clean & comfortable. The buffet breakfast was a wide variety of wonderful, tasty choices. It is conveniently located just off I-95. We actually forgot my son's retainers in the room & we were contacted by the general manager within an hour of checkout & they were held for us over 10 days until our return north. This saved us a huge expense (& saved my son some yelling, but not the "responsibility" lecture!) We will definately be stopping here on our next trip up or down I-95. The front desk staff was very helpful.

• Stayed June 2012