“AWEFUL OUTING”

Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed February 25, 2014

Visited for daughter-in-laws birthday. Service started out great. My steak went back 3 times. Ordered delmonico steak med-well with stuuffed shrimp ; steak came out rare with blood pooled on plate. That turned my stomach. Sent it back and it came back again within a few minutes the same way - blood covering the plate. I sent it back and then it came back well well done, it was half the size - i sent it back. They charged me 14.99 for the two shrimp -- Most restaurants, when an order is wrong or needs to be cooked more the manager the brings the meal back. NO manager ever came by.
We werent even offered a dessert menu. With a bill of 279 - I left very disappointed. If Fredericksburg calls this fine dining.- McDonalds is 5 stars. Never again will I spend my hard earned money there.

There are newer reviews for Olde Towne Steak and Seafood

Reviewed January 31, 2014

We have been going to old town for 22 years! Even though we are 2 hours away now, we always make sure we get there for our anniversary. Stuffed mushrooms, flounder, steak... Can't go wrong!

2  Thank alwaysrunning444
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We have been eating at this restaurant since the year 2000 when we received a gift card from a neighbor, We have been going a few times a year ever since. No matter when we go or what we have it is delicious, Over the years the prices have gone up but if you want delicious seafood this is where you need to go!!

1  Thank trish d
Reviewed December 26, 2013

This restaurant was recommended to me by a co-worker, so my husband and I were out shopping and decided to try it. My husband had on jeans so we weren't greeted that favorably by the hostess. The inside is cozy looking, has a couple of fireplaces but still very chilly inside. I think the kitchen door being open to the outside on a winter day might have something to do with that. My husband ordered oysters on the half shell and he said they were very good. He also ordered prime rib which he enjoyed. I on the other hand had a very different experience, I ordered a New York strip with 4 fried shrimp, I ordered my steak medium well. When it arrived at the table the outside was slightly charred but the inside was very rare. The waiter apologized and said he would take it back, I assumed that meant they would cook my another steak as most high end restaurants would do. Instead he bought the same steak back now burnt on the outside and still very red on the inside. I ate 2 bites of the steak. This is by no means an inexpensive restaurant so I expected that a manager at some point woiuld have stopped at my table after the very bad experience I had. I never saw anyone else other than the waiter, so I paid a lot for a steak that I took home and fed to my dog. I would think that if you are a steak house you should know how to cook a steak correctly.

2  Thank smilinva2001
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Let me begin by saying that the room we dined in was gorgeous! The most beautiful wood bar I've ever seen. Our waiter was terrific- very professional and pleasant. (He got a 20% tip so I didn't take my dissatisfaction out on him.)

Now for the food. This was my second visit to Old Towne and it will be my last. I ordered salmon - $30. It arrived looking pretty pale. Two large shrimp on top were OK. The salmon itself was both mushy and completely lacking in flavor. It seems that no seasonings were used w/ the exception of some paprika sprinkled on top. (I ate the shrimp but took the salmon home and reheated it the next day w/ some seasonings and it was at least edible.) The Bearnaise sauce was a glutinous mess served in a paper cup. Awful!!! BTW- Two in our party of 5 ordered the salmon and we both had the same opinion. Those who ordered the beef seemed a lot happier with their meal.

The salad which accompanied the dinner was OK. It would be nice if some vegetables were offered. The only thing you can get w/ your meal is a baked potato or French fries.

To sum it up...........Olde Towne is over priced and over rated.

3  Thank chappaquatraveler