“No Finer Prime Rib in the Country! No kidding!!!”

Olde Towne Steak and Seafood
Ranked #36 of 433 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Greenville, North Carolina
“No Finer Prime Rib in the Country! No kidding!!!”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I do not consider myself a world traveler, but I have done quite a bit of traveling in the USA and have eaten at many, many nice restaurants. The Olde Town Steak and Seafood Inn in Fredericksburg, VA has the BEST prime rib I have EVER experienced: anywhere, any time place or any place! Its taste is exquisite, absolutely wonderful! It is flavorful through and through, melt-in-your-mouth deliciousness. And the au jus is out of this world!!!! You will NOT need a salt shaker on this piece of meat! Of course, the service is great and the décor is tasteful, but I come for the prime rib!

The "new" main dining room is a little loud and busy. If I were you, I'd ask to be seated in the older sections of the restaurant, away from the hustle and bustle. That's where you can consume the best prime rib in the world in peace, tranquility and privacy. LOL.

My wife and I have actually traveled 300 miles from our home in North Carolina and spent the night in Fredericksburg TWICE just so we could dine at the Olde Towne Inn on special occasions. I know I'm "laying it on a little thick", but I just can't say enough good about this place. It is WONDERFUL...

• Visited July 2013
4 Thank SouthernTraveler1861

Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Excellent quality food for that special occassion.”
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Olde Town Steak and Seafood is not your everyday steak and seafood restaurant and it is not for the faint of heart went it comes to menu pricing. Their prime rib is the best in town and it is cooked to perfection. Also, their broiled seafood platter is excellent. We have never had a complaint concerning the quality and/or the quanity of the food. They are very expensive and this includes alcohol, appetizers and entrees. The menu is not family friendly i.e. leave your children home with a babysitter. Service was good, but not exceptional. As previously stated, a great special occassion restaurant.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank rlisaint
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Huge rip off!”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I went to Olde Town Steak & Seafood last night . This was the worst dining experience I've ever had. A filet was $31.00. It came with a baked potato or fries & a salad. They had no sauces for the filet such as au poivre or a wine reduction so I asked for grilled onions. After asking a couple of times the waitress finally agreed to ask the chef but doubted he would do it because it wasn't on the menu. When she returned she confirmed he wouldn't do it because he only had one onion & it wasn't on the menu. We were also informed there was no cheese, scallions or bacon for our potatoes because they are not on the menu. It's hard to believe at these prices that this restaurant would be so unaccomodating but they were. We even spoke to the owner who wasn't the least bit interested in the poor service or our poor dining experience. Despite their crisp linens they are not a fine restaurant. The food was blah; sour cream was served in plastic shot glasses; butter was in foil wrappers. My filet was served in a bowl of bacon grease. I promise you will enjoy McDonalds more and save a ton of money. Don't even consider this rip off.

• Visited May 2013
3 Thank Bailey4321
Stafford, Virginia
“Ditto Still an Outstanding Restaurant”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Having not dined at Olde Towne for several months, the lure and memories of its especially outstanding/mouth-watering Prime Rib, overall quality and wonderful service brought my wife and I back for a Mothers Day celebration dinner. Once again, we were not disappointed. Her king-cut Prime Rib was as huge, tender, juicy and delicious as ever - my goodly portion of Olde Towne Blackened Chicken with Shrimp & Crabmeat topping (on a diet, so decided to try the chicken, which I had never had before) was tender and flavorful - a definite winner, even for a basically beef, lamb and veal-lover like myself. Once again, we marveled at the scrumptious stuffed oyster appetizer - if only we knew the recipe and if only there were 4 of them instead of only 3 (sigh). The rolls were warm and good, the tossed salad veggies fresh and crisp, the blue-cheese dressing thick and great, the baked potato tasty and cooked just right, the crab soup nicely flavorful (tho seemingly a tad not as thick as I had remembered?), our waiter and service outstanding, as was the usual friendliness and cheerfulness of the owner-hostess. Yes, the prices are pricey for this area, but we believe well worth it for an occasional special dining out, and especially for the Prime Rib, on a par with the best we have ever had anywhere in the world. Having eaten here over 40 times in the last 13 years, we truly cannot believe some of the "terrible"! ratings this great restaurant has received. Oops, sorry, got to go - the Philly Cheese Steak sandwiches my wife just cooked up with half of the Prime Rib she brought back, are ready! MMMM!

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Lou B
Walden, Tenn
“Still one of the best restaurants in Fredericksburg”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Olde Towne Steak and Seafood (despite the silly extra "e's") remains one of Fredericksburg's best upscale dining options. The place suffers a bit from a location outside of the main commercial area in downtown Fredericksburg and therefore tourists don't often find it--but if you are a visitor to town and want either a great, huge, steak or delicious seafood, it's worth tracking down.

Prices are not cheap--more akin to what you would find in the Washington area--but the atmosphere is very pleasant, service crisp and efficient, full bar available, and portions are gigantic. The quality of the food is as good as it gets.

This is perhaps the best dining experience in town--well known to the locals for over 39 years--but a bit of a mystery for those just visiting. Search it out--you won't be disappointed.

• Visited May 2013