“Check out the appetizers...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Blarney Stone Public House
Ranked #209 of 429 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Irish, Bar, Pub, American
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Stafford, VA
“Check out the appetizers...”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2014

I like this place...the ambiance, service and location are great. The food is good but not great...although the fish and chips are way above average (make sure you try the curry sauce with the fish). The main entrees and the drinks are all overpriced. I guess tourists are willing to pay $18 for shepherd's pie. I definitely love the spinach dip, which comes with soda bread...it is truly top notch. Also try the Mussels Malone, cooked in wine, lemon, peppers and tomatoes...done very well. Again, I recommend the Blarney Stone but with caveats. If you're a local on a budget, just get an appetizer and a draft, enjoy the atmosphere for a while, then go someplace else for supper....

• Visited February 2014

Grasonville, Maryland
“It's just fair”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

Fair. Just fair. My girlfriend got the Fish and Chips, which was "award winning" (Maybe years ago). Fish was overcooked and basic Sysco grade. I got the Shepherds Pie, it was quite good though. The staff was attentive. It was a Sunday night, so the joint was deader than John Candy. I was looking to do some drinking, but just couldn't get in the mood. I couldn't bring myself to give 3 stars based on the subpar food.

• Visited May 2013
Moneta, VA
“Good fun and solid food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We came across this restaurant and took a table on the sidewalk where we could watch people as they stroll by. My wife loves good fish and chips and we had spotted that on their posted menu, She had that and I had their shepherd's pie. Both were very good and filling. We watched the band members as they arrived for the evenings entertainment, and if they were as good as they were friendly, a good time was had by their audience. Unfortunately we had another engagement and couldn't stay. All in all a good time and certainly worth another visit

Visited August 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Walk to the back for the bar.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

Small bar in the back of the restaurant. Good appetizer menu, good enough beer selection. TVs for sports. The bar area is small, and it can get crowded. If you are with a crowd chances are you won't be sitting/standing together, best suited for group of 2 -3.

I am a big fan of out of the way drinking establishments. Granted this is downtown and not really out of the way, but out of the way enough for its location.

Slip on to the back for an Irish beer or whiskey, have an appetizer or two. Dinner out front is pretty good btw.

• Visited September 2013
“Great Irish pub and best fish n chips ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

We stopped for beers first, then came back later for dinner. Fish n chips fresh, firm, flaky...one large piece of fish, perfect thickness and breading. The corned beef cabbage with mashed potatoes served simply and HUGE portions.

Lots of pub like small gathering spaces so we didn't have to watch football if we didn't want to.

Had great entertainment too.

• Visited September 2013