“Friendly Staff”

Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Richmond, Virginia
“Friendly Staff”
Reviewed September 16, 2010

Stayed at this hotel with seventy couples in my church group for a marriage couple conference.The hotel was clean and the staff was professional and very kind. The rooms were a nice size. The only compliant with the room was the TV .No flat screen , old style tubed TVs.This was surprising because everything else seemed to be new.--The hotel is loocated near lots of shopping and eating places.Ask for a room facing the parking lot and not facing the busy I- 95.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Laval, Québec
Reviewed August 27, 2010

We were driving down to Florida and after had spend more than 14 hours in the car, we were happy to arrive at this Hilton !!! Thats it ! When we arrived in the room, Oh god, I thought the highway was right next to the window !!! SO, my husband called the front desk and asked to change room because we wanted to sleep !!! The front desk person told him that no rooms with 2 queen beds facing the parking lot was available. On the requests we had made when we made our reservations, we asked for a quiet room !!!! So, we went down to "relax" in the pool and after, I myself, when to the front desk again asking if it was possible to change rooms considering the fact that it was very noisy and we had driven 14 hours straight and the next day, we had to drove again 8-9 hours to get to Savannah, anyway, I was told again that no rooms facing the parking lot were available. So I've asked the person if it was possible for our next stay 2 weeks later, to have a room facing the parking lot... But we slept an horrible night. We woke up every hour. That noise is really bad even if you are tired... Anyway, I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL unless you are facing parking lot. And too bad for them, for our next stay (2 weeks later), we cancelled because we rented a room at the Holiday Inn and suites on Warrenton Rd and we had a suite with 2 LCD TVs and free hot breakfast for the same price !!!!! And it was so relax and QUIET !!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed August 27, 2010

I especially appreciated the readily available coffee, the cookies in the evening, and the fact that the staff left my room exactly as I had left it. The hotel is also not cheap about air conditioning, again, much appreciated, since it refreshed me for the next days work out under the Virginia solar furnace. It's kind of far from Quantico, but is well worth the drive if you cannot get in closer. Oh, yes, and the free high speed internet actually worked flawlessly and without tinkering. (!)

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Massapequa, New York
Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn, Fredericksburg, VA on our way down South. It was one of a group of hotels in a beautiful, huge shopping mall. The outside mall was a destination itself with an abundance of restuarants, pubs, stores, etc. There was even a model log home to view.

The rooms were clean and the buffet breakfast was plentiful and fresh. The staff was wonderful. I would return again without hesitation. No unpleasant surprises at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
Virginia Beach
Reviewed July 28, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding and I reserved several rooms. The people at the front desk were very helpful. Other employees were equally as helpful and friendly. Every time we had an issue with people coming in and out at odd hours they worked with us.

My room was a decent size and appeared clean to start with but upon closer examination I saw a lot of black hair in the bathroom, I don't have black hair. My last night there a roach ran by me and into the hallway. A little unnerving, but I guess anybody could have brought it in with them. I only saw the one.

The wireless worked perfectly. There is an indoor pool. The pool was open, but the water was green, not good. I wouldn't have gone in it.

There is not a free breakfast, but there is a restaurant that has a buffet at a fairly average price for a hotel restaurant. The buffet looked nice and I heard the food was good. The hotel is in a good location with lots of restaurants and shopping nearby.

• Stayed July 2010
HGIFredericksburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope the wedding was special and memorable. We did have an issue with the pool and quickly arranged for it to be repaired. It has since been fixed and is open for our guests to enjoy. When you have a moment I would like to speak with you so I can learn what room you were in so that I can address the hair issue with the room attendant. Our housekeeping department usually recieves the highest scores when surveyed by our guests and I want to make sure it stays that way. We would love to have you stay with us again next time you are in Fredericksburg and please let me know if there is anything else I can do to assist you. Have a wonderful rest of your summer!
NH
Reviewed July 17, 2010

Have stayed here several times always a good experience. Staff is friendly. Rooms are great, Televisions are old clunkers but not a big deal. Didn't eat here lots of places in the area . Bed very comfy.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
The Woodlands, Texas
Reviewed June 18, 2010

Stayed on 4th floor King bed room, facing the freeway.
Traffic noise from I-95 kept me up half the night. I usually try to mask that kind of thing by turning the A/C fan on high, but this unit would not do that. Felt like I was sleeping on the side of the road.
Wireless internet was fast.
HDTV was not small and no HD channels. I have found several other hotels along this trip that have offered larger screens and HD channels. Bit disappointed to watch NBA finals on such a small screen.
Toilet seat wouldn't stay up, very aggravating.
Nice lobby and breakfast area.
Comfortable bed.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
HGIFredericksburg, Director of Sales at Hilton Garden Inn Fredericksburg, responded to this review, June 21, 2010
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am sorry that your stay was not all that it should have been. Although some of our rooms are on the side facing the 95 highway, we certainly make every effort to assign your room according to any requests and are happy to move you if you are not satisfied with you room location. We would love to have you stay with us again and I would be happy to ensure next time you are on the front side of the hotel. Our TV's are 32 inch monitors however we also have larger TV's avaible in the Bar and Lobby area which are usually tuned into the major sports competitions and/or news. I would also like to thank you for letting us know about the toilet seat, I have already had our engineering department take care of it. Should you choose to stay with us again, please contact me directly so that I can make sure everything is perfect for you.