“Happy New Year!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 10 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
“Happy New Year!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2014 via mobile

We had an excellent stay when my wife and I, along with our friends, stayed at the Schooler House on New Years Eve. The house is lovely and the hosts, Andi and Paul are great and lay out a wonderful breakfast! You are located a few short step from the quaint shopping and restaurant era of old town Fredericksburg. We will stay there again

Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Tom H
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, February 13, 2014
We're so happy that you enjoyed New Year's Eve in Fredericksburg. It's such fun having 2 couples stay here; feels very family! Thanks for your review and hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Blacksburg, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2014

I had court in King George County and decided to stay in Fredricksburg. I wanted to stay in town, within walking distance of many of the resturants and historical sites. I searched Trip Advisor and found the Schooler House. Just a an easy walk from the downtown area, the Schooler House was exactly what I was looking for. I arrived around five in the afternoon and checked in. Andi was very knowledgeable about the restaurants which would be open New Year's day and I chose a little Italian place 4 blocks away. The food, wine and conversation were wonderful. The next morning I had 4 strips of bacon ,3 eggs, french toast and cooked apples for breakfast. Everything was perfectly prepared and ready in plenty of time for me to get to court. A great experience!!!

Room Tip: I stayed in Annie's room.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hi Chris. It was a pleasure having you at the B&B. So glad it all worked out for you and your day in court was started with a hearty breakfast! Hope to see you again.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We stayed at the Schooler House in early October whilst on a two week holiday in Virginia. Sadly, our itinerary only allowed us to stay one night, but we would have been more than happy to stay longer. Like us, Andi is a closet Victorian and her house is full of her fascinating collection of treasures. Guests will receive a very warm welcome from Andi and Paul, and can look forward to a delicious home-cooked breakfast which we still maintain was the best we had in the States! Very many thanks from two very satisfied guests!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Oh my, how did I miss responding to your lovely review? Thank you for taking the time to post; we really appreciate your feedback. It was lovely having you here, if only for the night. I hope you're all well; hearing there is terrible weather right now. Stay well!
Lebanon, Maine, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I would like to thank Paul for an amazing experience. We stop in Frederickburg to break up a long trip from Hilton Head and we were certainly glad we did. The B&B is wonderful with great antiques. The only regret is we did not have more time to stay. The breakfast was delicious, possibly the best scones I have ever had. I would highly recommend the Schooler House to anyone traveling in the area. If we are ever in the area again, we would stay without a second thought! Thanks for the hospitality!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Hi Corey,

Thank you so much for posting feedback! I'm so pleased you enjoyed your visit and that Paul took such good care of you. I hope you'll come back again; I'd love to meet you both.

Vienna
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

My wife and I had another wonderful stay at the Schooler House - one night was not enough! We arrived late for a wedding in the evening and Andi helped us out the door with directions to the event. Breakfast in the morning was amazing as usual, and Andi and Paul aways make us feel so welcome. We can't wait for our next visit and look forward to being able to relax and enjoy the beautiful property more next time!

Hi Ian,

Thank you so much for talking the time to post a review! Paul and I really love having you and Karen here at the B&B. So glad you enjoy yourselves and look forward to you returning again.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

We really wished we could have stayed more than one night! Andi and Paul are very good hosts providing a very warm welcome, excellent food and a comfy bed. The house has a wonderful history and Andi and Paul are keeping it alive.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, October 12, 2013
Hi Richard and Sue,

Thank you for your review! I also wish you could have stayed longer in Fredericksburg. I hope you were able to find things to do in D.C. during the shutdown. I'm sure you enjoyed Mount Vernon. If you do come back to the States, I hope you'll visit Fredericksburg again!

Sheffield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Schooler House for 3 nights at the beginning of August 2013. We traveled to the US from the UK after finding the accommodation through the internet. I have to say we were not disappointed. The Schooler House is a clean, charming and lovingly restored period home dating from 1891 full of antiques and period pieces. Andi the host was the height of hospitality giving my wife and I a tour of the house before showing us to our lovely and comfortable room. We were made to feel very welcome throughout our stay. The breakfasts were of a high standard and plentiful served on a period porcelain dinner service. Guests sit at a large dinner table with the other guests which made for very enjoyable conversation. Andi and her husband do own a dog which is very friendly but which is kept away from the public areas of the house for those who are interested to know.
Schooler House is ideally and conveniently located only a couple of minutes walk from Downtown
Should we return to this area of the US again I would not hesitate to book with Andi again

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Hi Peter,

I think this must be your review. I responded to another review recently and thought that was you. So, whoever wrote that review, and if this is not your review, please excuse my confusion.

Thank you for posting! I know how busy we all are after returning from vacation. I always appreciate when you take the time to do so.

Paul and I really enjoyed having you and Karen visit. You certainly made the most of your time visiting the sites! I'm so pleased that you had a good time. And, I do hope you come see us again if you come back to the area.