“Beyond Perfection!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 10 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This is my second stay here because my son is a student at UMW. I plan on staying here for all my visits to UMW. Boy ,did I get lucky! Where to begin...the property is just beautiful with front and rear gardens,very welcoming. THe interior and decor reflect the victorian era. Andi told me about the history of the INN and about items she has displayed last time I was there. The rooms are just beautiful. The beds are so comfortable,you will not have a problem falling asleep. Andi irons the sheets for the beds so you will feel like a queen. Andi prepares a scrumptious breakfast. If you are able to eat it all you won't have room for lunch. This stay I had coffee,fresh orange juice,cooked apples, french toast,scrambled eggs and bacon. Let me tell you I am still dreaming about this meal! This is all served on fine china,with lovely silver, lighted candles and fresh flowers all before 8am. Andi and her husband Paul are wonderful inn keepers. They really set the standard high and meet it every time. Thanks again see you soon

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 28, 2013

Hi Toni,

Thank you so much for the wonderful review! We really enjoy having you visit with us! We do love our guests, but you... what can I say. You're like my best friend from High School! And, you know Enzo loves you best!

Thanks for staying with us and we're looking forward to 4 years of visits while you travel to UMW events. How lucky we are to have such a wonderful guest!

Hugs,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

My wife and I made a last minute reservation and the owner was very accommodating in accepting our two night reservation, even though they were leaving the second day on a trip. They just asked us to lock the door and put the key through the slot in the door. It was refreshing and not a little surprising to find an owner this trusting and willing to meet our needs for a two-night stay. They gave us a $20 refund for the second day since they would not be there to serve us the breakfast included in the rate. I'd have gladly paid much more to enjoy a second breakfast because after the first one of poached pears in raspberry sauce, spinach quiche, homemade scones and other delights, I felt the bakery/coffee shop down the street didn't match up. Great location, great history, great service, great innkeeper. Don't hesitate in booking.

Room Tip: There were two rooms. Ours was the larger of the two facing the street. Worried about possible noi...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for this glowing review! I really appreciate you taking the time to do this and for accommodating us in our early departure. We do have the best guests and have the utmost trust in the integrity of everyone! Never have had a problem and don't anticipate one. Our goal is to treat everyone who visits like family. We're having the best time doing this! :-)

I hope you'll come see us again if you're back in the area. It was short for us, but sweet.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This was our second stay at the Schooler house -- and we will continue to lodge there as long as there are visits to Fredericksburg. Everything was perfect, from the initial greeting, the quality of the room, and willingness, by Andi to serve us our breakfast early on Graduation Day. The breakfasts were so awesome -- poached pears in chambord sauce, crisp bacon, muffins, scones, french toast topped with spiced apples, quiche...OMG -- so good I ate to my heart's content! There is also the added perk of being so close to the historic downtown area -- it is a short walk to the shops. Thanks Andi and Paul for another great stay!

Room Tip: Make your reservation early and request Willie's Room
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2013

Hi Denise,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We really enjoyed having you here again and so glad the graduation went well. It was such fun having the B&B filled with grad grandparents! I hope you'll come back again for a visit. Florida isn't so far away and we are much cooler in the summer!
Take care!

Reviewed June 11, 2013

My husband were looking for a quick getaway and found it at The Schooler House! Andi was wonderful in welcoming us to the B&B. The room was very nice and private and the breakfast was excellent! Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Stayed in Willie's Room and LOVED it!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2013

Hi Tiffany,

Enjoyed having you here! Thank you for your lovely review. We're glad you both had such a good time. Short, but good. Would love to welcome you back again!

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Terrific accommodation, walking distance to all in downtown Fredericksburg, the proprietor has the property in wonderful shape, personable, accommodating and full of great information, breakfast is very tasty. Highly recommended

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Hi Steve,

Thank you for your lovely review! Enjoyed having you stay with us. The biggest joy was hearing your music - a real treat! I hope you'll stay with us again. Good luck with the new puppy!!

Reviewed June 8, 2013

We needed a break in a perpetual scedule. The location of the Schooler House is ideal for a romantic stroll in a quaint town with a variety of shops and unique dining spots. Andi was most accomodating and our experience was peaceful, very personable & accomodating. Andi is a terrific chef and one does not leave her table with space to spare -- absolutly scrumptious!! To substantiate this comment, a returning couple of several times over dined with us -- they will continue to revisit! In addition, my wife just loved Andi and the warm home setting and has her sites set on a longer stay down the road.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2013

Hi Will,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We really enjoyed having you and Shaping here with us. I hope you'll come see us again if you are in Fredericksburg.

Reviewed June 4, 2013

From the adorable front porch to the serene back garden and everything in between! We stayed there for my 25th college reunion and I couldn't have been more pleased. My friend and I had a quiet coffee in the back garden each morning and then were served the most amazing breakfast. The rooms are charming and comfortable. Andi and Paul were welcoming and friendly. The location was perfect for walking to the cute shops and restaurants down town. I don't think I will ever choose a big hotel again...certainly not in Fredericksburg. I loved it and can't wait to come back.

Room Tip: Both room are adorable. Willie's room had a bigger bathroom and sitting room.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Thank DebbiebeachArli... B

Hi Debbie,
Thank you for the lovely review! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. I love the garden as well and can't wait to get into it this week! I hope you'll come back again and stay with us.