“Great Bed and Breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #5 of 10 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 3, 2013

Can't wait to return. The area was just what I was looking for. Great place to relax and get refreshed. Rooms were clean and well decorated - just charming. The owners did everything possible to make my vacation just what I wanted it to be...............Ate well......slept well.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded February 16, 2013

Hi Ross,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review! Glad you enjoyed and hope you'll come see us again!

Reviewed January 1, 2013

This was our first time at Schooler, and we had a wonderful experience. From the immaculate house to the cozy gas fireplaces to the sociable and attentive hosts, we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. The breakfast, the bed and the service were all great, and the house is in a very convenient location right down the street from Olde Towne Fredericksburg. Bravo!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review! I've been very late in responding to postings; please forgive me. I' so glad you enjoyed yourselves and our sweet little Fredericksburg! Hope to see you back at The Schooler House!

Reviewed December 30, 2012

We stayed here after our wedding and were treated wonderfully. Andy made sure we had a keep prior to arrival since we were getting in late in the evening. They were very accommodating and the breakfast was exceptional. The house is so quaint and fun. Would highly recommend.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Hi Caitlin,
Oh my, I'm so behind in thanking my lovely guests for reviews. I really do appreciate you taking the time and am so glad to have been part of your wonderful day! I hope you'll come back!

Reviewed December 19, 2012

Had a great time staying at the Schooler House as we reunited with some Mary Washington friends for the weekend. Wonderful accommodations within walking distance of downtown attractions. Our host was very friendly and helpful. We felt right at home. The breakfast was delicious!!!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

Hi!
I'm not sure if Eddie or Melissa wrote this review, but want to thank all of you for staying at The Schooler House. It was great fun having you all here. Rich and Zoraida were great company as well. I hope you'll all meet up here again.
Best regards,

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I had a wonderful weekend. The house is decorated a Victorian style. Andi was a gracious host and made me feel at home. She also has a lot of interesting friends around town. The breakfast's were "to die for".

Room Tip: The purple room is great.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2012

Hi Mallen,
Thank you so much for your review! Love the pictures, particularly of Tom winning the battle single handed. :-) It was a great weekend and I thoroughly enjoyed having you all here. I hope you'll come back again for a visit.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

Staying at the Schooler House was a great experience my me and my wife. We had recieved a gift certificate last Christmas and finally made good use of it over the Thanksgiving weekend. Booking the room was easy and Andi made us feel welcome and comfortable the entire weekend and opened her house and heart as if we were one of the family. We stayed in Willie's room and were amazed by the modern bathroom, the gas fireplace,and numerous other details that showed how much thought and hard work have been invested in restoring and maintaining this beautiful victorian home. The location is perfect in downtown historic Fredericksburg with an easy walk to almost anywhere you want to go and a short drive to everywhere else. The pace was very relaxed and you could get a real sense for the history of both Fredericksburg and this great country.

Room Tip: Willie's room is larger with a large modern bathroom and a great view of Caroline Street and Ris...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Hi Doug,

Thank you so much for the lovely review!! I enjoyed having you and Therese here during the holiday week. Sharing the house with people who enjoy it so much is what this is all about. Hope to see you both again. Have a great holiday season!

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Andi is a wonderful host. She went above and beyond making our stay as pleasant as possible. She is very considerate and energetic and took care of us and the other couple as if we were all family.

The property is beautiful, both inside and out. We don't live far away but we are hoping to visit again in the spring to take advantage of the gorgeous backyard. It is also perfectly located on the outskirts of old town and guests are able to walk to downtown.

Our meal there was also amazing; it was one of the best I have had at any B&B. Andi's personality set the tone for the meal and we felt like we were a family sharing a nice Sunday brunch, which is a difficult feat for a host to accomplish but Andi did it well.

For the price, I would highly recommend staying here versus one of the hotels in the area. Overall, I would highly recommend this to anyone looking to stay in or around Fredericksburg or for anyone looking to escape the city for a night.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2012

Hi Matt,
Thank you for taking the time to submit a review; I really appreciate it!! It was great fun having you and Jess here for the Marine Corps Ball. I'm glad you enjoyed the evening and the B&B. Come back and see us again. Remember, the Marine Corps 1/2 is always fun. :-)