“This is what a Bed and Breakfast Should be”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #4 of 10 Fredericksburg B&B and Inns
Chesapeake, Virginia, United States
“This is what a Bed and Breakfast Should be”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

Where do I begin? From the moment we arrived, until we left just 18 hours later, we have were treated to one of the best bed and breakfast stays we have ever had. From the warm greeting to the tour of her beautiful Victorian home, to the wonderful nights sleep (Willie's room) to the delicious breakfast, we can't say enough on how well we were treated! We not only felt like special guests, but part of the family! We would recommend a stay here if you are in Fredericksburg or even just close by! It is worth you time!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, August 29, 2012
Hi Michelle,
Thank you for the lovely review! I'm so pleased that you and Brett had a good visit. It was wonderful learning about your upcoming B&B venture in Port Conway. Looking forward to working together. See you soon!
Andi

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here this past weekend for a quick get away. Arrived pretty late because we were stuck in traffic, but were greeted most graciously and we immediately relaxed. Lots to things to look at around the house. Especially loved the artwork on the walls that ranged from period pieces to contemporary. Interesting details everywhere in the room, very comfortable bed. Delicious breakfast (they accommodated special dietary request) and perfect location for walking to downtown.

Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your lovely review! I know the traffic was a nightmare and glad you were able to shake it off and enjoy your stay. It was a pleasure having you here. Please come back and see us again!
colorado springs, co
Reviewed July 24, 2012

I stayed in Willie's room and enjoyed the comfort and hospitality. I immediately felt at home and like I was with close friends and family with Andi and Paul. The bed was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in. The house is like a museum, yet a liveable museum where one can enjoy the furnishings and not just look at them. Great homemade food. I also failed to mention that I was in Fredericksburg on a business trip and this wasn't intended to be the vacation it turned out to be. I can't say enough good things about this lovely B&B. I can't wait for my next stay.

Room Tip: Two rooms, both great !
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Hi Bob,
Thank you for your lovely review! It was fun having you here for the week. Glad you enjoyed yourself. Business is business, but staying in nice surroundings always makes it better. Hope to see you back again!
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Stayed here with my girlfriend for a quick visit to Fredericksburg and would highly recommend it. The proprietor met us promptly and gave us a tour of the beautiful house and backyard. She showed us some of the highlights to this unique town. The room was clean, spacious, and comfortable. Breakfast was probably the highlight of the trip- I think I was full for the next 24 hours! I would highly recommend this B&B!

Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the lovely review! Our aim is to serve a tasty breakfast that will stay with you for a while. Glad we met that goal for you! We enjoyed having you here and hope you'll come back for another visit!
Poquoson, Virginia
Reviewed July 16, 2012

My wife and I recently stayed at the Schooler House B&B for a little get away. Awesome bed and breakfast! The location was ideal, walking distance to everything and the owners were wonderful. Because there are only two rooms, it has an extremely comfortable feel. The breakfast was very good and the cozy dining room was very nice. Thanks for a great stay, we will be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
schoolerhouse, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Hi Ryan,
I'm so happy you and Sally enjoyed your stay. Sure am glad you were able to spend some time in our cute little town. I hope you'll come back and see us again.
Washington, DC
Reviewed July 2, 2012

My dad and I stayed in Willie's room. We loved it. We loved the reading room, we loved sitting on the front porch and watching the cars go by, and we loved the 1910 original car shed in the back (now filled with lounge chairs). Andi and Paul were great. We had a blast in Fredericksburg.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank fanoftennis
, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, July 3, 2012
Hi Justin,
Thank you for your lovely review! It was great having you and your Dad visit with us! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Hope to see you back again.
NewJersey
Reviewed June 18, 2012

The Schooler House is a beautiful property, both inside and out. The back patio/courtyard is especially charming, with a fountain that is very soothing. I was here in June, so the hydrangea were in full glory--I told my husband that I was staying in "hydrangea heaven".
The breakfasts were sooo good--including home-made warm blueberry sauce for the french toast. Also spectacular were the fresh-from-the-oven scones, the recipe for which Andi guards. Fresh fruit galore and really too much to eat. (I ate it all anyway--totally blew my Weight Watchers discipline!) Altogether it was like staying in a private house with friends who gave me complete privacy--even if I did have to pay to leave!! Andi and Paul are charming hosts who will attend to your every need. PS--If you are sensitive to heat and humidity, this is the place for you!! Air-conditioning first-rate!!

Room Tip: Annie's room is a little quieter than Willie's room, but Willie's room is spectacular wi...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
, Owner at The Schooler House Bed & Breakfast, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Hi Nancy,
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay; I enjoyed having you here! You were really lucky with the weather during your week. Breakfast in the garden was perfect; too hot and sticky now.
Next visit, we can do Weight Watchers! Just let me know and we'll keep you on program. But, I do prefer to pamper everyone, so maybe not. :-)
Hope to see you again!