“Very Nice Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South
Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed February 25, 2010

Quick overnight stay on a return trip from Florida. Staff was very polite and accomodating. Cot was in our room waiting. Pool was warm and clean and really helped to knock the kinks out of a 600+ mile day.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled with family

Reviewed December 18, 2009

Was given a room on the first floor near the office. 'The office door slammed every time it was opened & closed- shook our room . Night auditor going In & out all night with bills for guests. Required room change in the middle of the night.

Manager apologized-new staff member. Mananger states last room rented should be the first floor due to the proximity of the office & breakfast area. Overall, decent hotel but a little off the beaten track fom attractions & shopoping/restaurants - they are @ exit 126-hotel @ exit 130 - 5 miles away.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed November 4, 2009

I read the reviews, I booked the room, and we came and stayed.

I was amazed. It was better than I expected. The hotel was very classy and immaculately clean. The staff were friendly and polite. The room was quiet (there is a little traffic noise, but it wasn't a problem), attractive, spacious and well equipped. And the bed was great. Even the view from the room seemed attractive. (OK, maybe I'm exaggerating!)

My wife really enjoyed the pool. It wasn't big, but it was there, and she had it pretty much to herself.

There was a manager's reception on - pasta, salad, and soda. We were not feeling particularly hungry, so we helped ourselves. It wasn't great - but it was not bad. It also saved us the effort of going out for a meal, and it was free, so it suited us fine. The food at the complimentary breakfast was a lot better. We thought it was very good indeed.

As I walked to the car after checking out, I wondered how they could make a profit, providing so much for such a reasonable price. Amazing value.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 28, 2009

It is a nice place, clean, convenient (about 4 miles south of the main shopping district), with comfortable bed, good TV channel selection (though no HD), and great breakfast.

Some of concerns:
The rooms are not well sound proofed. We could clearly hear conversation next door and a small child running floor above. All stopped before we went to bed, so no issues, but if you are a light sleeper, bring ear plugs (must in today’s’ day and age, sad to say).

The bathroom was showing some wear and tear, like peeling wallpaper, broken seal on the tub. Maintenance is lacking. Also the shower curtain is very short and you can get things wet on the floor in no time.

And because the place is obviously very popular it is busy and it can be hard to find a place to sit during breakfast.

I stayed in Fredericksburg area 3 times and can say this would be my second choice right behind HI&S north. Still good place to stay and you will not go wrong (the pictures are for room 414, king with sofa).

• Stayed: September 2009
Reviewed September 3, 2009

We stayed at this hotel, as it was in a convenient location to visit the civil war battlefields for my husband's 40th Birthday. The location is ideal to visit the 4 local battlefield sites, yet also close to the large number of restaurants and shops, that downtown Fredericksburg has to offer. The Hampton Inn rooms are a good size for a family of 4, but best of all is their incredible bedding. It was so comfortable that I actually researched purchasing it on their website. The hotel seemed very new, and was immaculately clean throughout.

Reviewed August 30, 2009

Aother reviewer comments on heaven in relation to a Hampton inn and I've got to take up the theme. This place is welcoming, has extensive free parking, great staff and clean spacious rooms.
It's just off the highway, within easy striking distance of downtown Fredericksburg and everything a Civil War junkie could want.
It has a pool, did I mention the great staff? and is within easier walking distance of bars and restaurants including an ultra-lively Hooters - sounds like heaven to me.
Only black mark was a poor breakfast offering, but to credit the great staff again, the manager contacted me immediately upon my return home and will address the matter with his team. Stay here - its better value than heaven and easier to get into.

Reviewed August 11, 2009

This hotel is located right off the highway. We arrived at the hotel around 6pm. We were tired & hungry after 10 hours of driving. The front desk staff was very pleasant. How lucky for us that they were having a manager's reception (Wednesdays) which included pizza, salad and soda.

Our room had a double bed w/ desk & chair. The indoor pool was clean and towels were provided.

The breakfast consists of ham, eggs, biscuits, cereal, yogurt, pastries and fruit (salad, strawberries, blueberries, apples and oranges).

Our stay at this hotel was great.....I wish all hotels were like this. Great value!!!!