“labor day review and a full house!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South

Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Rome NY
“labor day review and a full house!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2014

Wheelchair companion. Regarding accessibility the only complaint was only 2 parking spots near the front door. They need to add more. Seating area offered multiple seating options. GREAT breakfast. We arrived at 3PM and our room was not ready until almost 4:30. Others had to wait too but there was coffee, tea, hot chocolate, fruit, tea and comfortable chairs while we waited.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, September 2, 2014
It is our Goal at the Hampton Inn and Suites - South to impress our guests by exceeding your expectations providing positive memorable service and clean, comfortable accommodations.
Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience about our Hotel. I want to assure you we will review your comments at our very next management staff meeting.
We enjoyed serving your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly if we can be of any future assistance to you.

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
STATEN ISLAND
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2014

The staff was great. The room was excellent. We would stay there again. The location is great. The staff is very nice and helpful. The rooms are clean and bright. The beds are very comfortable . There is coffee and tea available 24/7 also fruit . Close to I 95 and other historic sites.

Rooms
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

North Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2014

Needed a place before and after a wedding. King size bed was comfy. Our children were okay on the sleeper sofa but it would be too small for two adults. Indoor pool is very small (the photo is very deceiving) but nice and clean. Hot tub was nice.
Considering it is included in the stay, the breakfast is pretty good. Lots of fresh fruit.

Richmond, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2014

Loud music on 5th floor from 11:40 p.m. until 1:00 a.m. Reported to front desk at 12:15 am. Next day, wanted to know if same guest was staying again, as we needed sleep on our second night's stay. No one at the front desk seemed to know a thing, nor were they able to answer this question. We questioned the morning shift, and the "after 3:00 pm shift". We decided to just go home at 5:30 pm instead of taking a chance on another sleepless night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, August 29, 2014

We have failed to do that, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you received while staying in our hotel. I have reviewed your comments at our management staff meeting. We have refunded you money for both nights. Please call me directly for your next complimentary reservation as this is not the type of service we normall provide.

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experiences. It is only with guests like yourself that take the time to let us know our challenges that we can become better at what we do. If you have any further comments or questions please feel free to contact me directly at 540-898-5000 ext. 7882.
NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was a great one night stop over for my wife and I, while we were traveling home from vacation. It was very clean, quiet, and comfortable. The staff was also very courteous and professional. We really couldn't ask for much for the reasonable rate of 89 dollars a night.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank coanders
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, August 26, 2014
Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2014 via mobile

I'v been traveling for more than 28 years for work. I have to say this is the cleanest hotel i'v ever stayed in. Hampton Inn is always my first choice and has been for years. But this one is by far the best. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the rooms are great. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2014

Everything about my stay for 2 days was smooth, from check in to check out. On Friday afternoon, I sat in traffic on I-95 for 4.5 hours, bumper to bumper. I could not wait to arrive. Right off Route 1 (Jefferson Davis Hwy) and Hwy 95 (the evil one) and guess what: 20 yards away from a Hooters!!! Cold beer here I come. Got a great room on the second floor and facing the back lot and medical complex (Spotsyvania Drive). Got a great rate with a civil war symposium occuring at Stevenson Ridge. From here you drive to anywhere in Fredericksburg. Breakfast was filling and I used the Business Center for free and printed my boarding pass. Dennys and McDonalds 3 minute drive away. Hotel is quiet at night, but parking lot gets full quickly. Dreaded the drive from hotel to Dulles on I-95 but it was smooth at 8am. Some Hamptons have a Managers Reception in the evening with wine and cocktails which I really like but this location did not have it. Fun, friendly and helpful staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, August 19, 2014