Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed June 27, 2014

I travel a lot to this area and always stay at hampton Inn but this was my first visit to this location and i was extremely happy of my experience! The location was great, within walking distance to great shopping and restaurants, plenty of parking and the courtyard was relaxing.

The room was clean and comfortable and if i needed anything it was a phone call away! The staff was great and helpful! My next trip to the area i will be staying there again!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded July 4, 2014

It is our Goal at the Hampton Inn and Suites - South to impress our guests by exceeding your expectations providing positive memorable service and clean, comfortable accommodations.

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience about our Hotel. I want to assure you we will review your comments at our very next management staff meeting.

We enjoyed serving your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly if we can be of any future assistance to you.

Reviewed June 27, 2014

The hotel and it's staff were what we have come to expect from Hampton Inn. There is nothing negative about our stay and I would certainly recommend the hotel to anyone passing through or staying in Fredricksburg, VA

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed June 27, 2014 via mobile

We booked a King with pullout for ourselves and Grandkids aged 8 and 11. Worked perfectly. The pool was a welcome aid to burn off energy after sitting in the car all say. Clean, well staffed, outstanding breakfast and a little tuck shop for ice cream etc. excellent value. Will no longer stay at HI! Husband loved easy on and off I95. Also close to a few restaurants for quick dinner. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed: June 2014

Reviewed June 25, 2014

My first stay at a Hampton Inn was in Fredericksburg, VA. The room could not have been better for the moderate price. Clean, modern, comfortable. The hot breakfast was good and the staff that tended to it was great. Desk staff were very helpful in providing local information.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Reviewed June 23, 2014

I was blown away by the cleanliness and the mega size of the room. The bed was huge and so comfortable. I usually don't sleep well my first night in a hotel but I was so comfortable, I couldn't help but sleep. My husband and I had just completed an 800+ mile day of driving and we desperately needed to walk a bit. We felt safe enough to walk down the street towards the office buildings and then in the opposite direction towards the Food Lion grocery store. There is a Hooters next door along with a Friendly's and a Golden Corral just steps away from the hotel. If you need a few groceries, you can head over to the Food Lion.

The breakfast offerings were more than I ever expected. There was fresh fruit, yogurt, bagels, English muffins, bread for toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, mini egg and sausage frittatas, oatmeal, cold cereal, cinnamon rolls, muffins, banana bread, cranberry bread, bold coffee, regular coffee, decaf coffee, and assorted selections of tea.

The best part of the stay was the very friendly staff. I especially enjoyed the morning breakfast crew. They went out of their way to make you feel special and that they would see to any request you have. They asked about our trip and our plans and even offered to wash out my personal drinking cup so I could refill it with fresh water to take with me. I would return just to stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: We stayed in 322. Huge room. Kitchen area, plenty of plugs, loved it.

Reviewed June 23, 2014

Stopped here based on Tripadvisor reviews and we couldn't have been more pleased. Clean, comfortable rooms. Great location just off I 95. The continental breakfasts at most of chains we've stopped at have mostly left us very disappointed, but this breakfast was top notch good. Several good places for dinner in the area. But best of all, the price was under $100.00. We highly recommend and will definitely stop heree again.

Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Hampton Inns are my favorite, and this is no exception. Popcorn was being made when we checked in, which my kids loved, the room was spacious and clean, and the breakfast cannot be beat. The staff was also very friendly.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family