“excellent hotel”

Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
“excellent hotel”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

i was in the area for a trade show being held at the ramada/howard johnsons in front of the hampton inn. i stay here because this hotel has excellent amenities. we came outside one morning after it had snowed 8 inches the night before. the staff was outside with shovels and brooms and were asking if we wanted our car cleaned off and the snow removed from around it! i have not seen this level of customer service out of a hotel before. kudos to the staf and management for offering this!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business

3 Thank 550garya
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
It is our Goal at the Hampton Inn and Suites - South to impress our guests by exceeding your expectations providing positive memorable service and clean, comfortable accommodations.

We enjoyed serving your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly if we can be of any future assistance to you.

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Booked a room here during a trip from our Myrtle Beach home to our New Jersey home. Very friendly, accommodating staff and very nice room for the money. The only drawback was the breakfast, which was nothing short of terrible. Cold eggs, leathery sausage and the waffle my wife tried to make came out like paste. Would recommend the hotel, but eat somewhere else.

1 Thank Ron B
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 16, 2014

We have failed to do that, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you received while staying in our hotel. I apologize for the breakfast not being of proper standard during your stay. I have reviewed your comments at our management staff meeting. As a result of your comments we have gone over the proper cooking techniques in order to prepare the very best breakfast possible.

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experiences. It is only with guests like yourself that take the time to let us know our challenges that we can become better at what we do. If you have any further comments or questions please feel free to contact me directly at 540-898-5000 ext. 7882.

Fredericksburg
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Very nice clean comfortable room and bed. Excellent continental breakfast with all the basics and then some! I will gladly book a room here in the future.
I also made good use out of the treadmill and weights in the gym. I only wish i brought my swim trunks!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed February 18, 2014

A very welcoming hotel after a long day of travel. Courteous staff, good and varied hot and cold breakfast, excellent pool and hot tub, great bed. A little tricky to find coming off south I-95 at night in Fredericksburg VA. Otherwise, all positive.

1 Thank David B

Stillwater, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had booked this hotel through a discount web site and it was a non-refundable, non-transferable booking. It was going to be impossible to get to VA from NJ during the big storm of 2/13/14 that closed down the east coast. I called the Hotel on 2/11 and they were willing to change my reservation from Thursday and Friday to Friday and Saturday as long as it was OK with the booking web site. The wed site was fine with it so we had a nice weekend in Fredericksburg. The hotel was clean and comfortable and the staff was very friendly and helpfull.

Room Tip: Our room was next to the elevators and we could not hear them at all.
1 Thank Stillmoose

Nobleton, Canada
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We had gone to Fredricksburg to visit our family there. I am in a wheel chair so a comfortable bed as well as a good accommodating staff is really crucial for me. This was a fantastic hotel, the staff was above and beyond and the room was spotless. They even went as far as to offer the pool for my therapy the couple days we were staying with family, simply amazing. We will be returning in April and although this hotel is quite a bit farther to our families home we would not ever stay anywhere else while in Fredriskburg. FANTASTIC!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
3 Thank MimiL62

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience about our Hotel. I want to assure you we will review your comments at our very next management staff meeting. We enjoy having you here and if you need anything else to make your stay better please dont hesitate to let us know.

washington, United States
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I had been here before and the staff and everybody down there was excellent I got to use the internet and it was quiet. I will attend there in future and we usually go down there for our leadership shutin.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo

1 Thank Bernadette F
Manager4800, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 15, 2014