“Overnight stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
United States
“Overnight stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

We wanted to break up our trip and stay at a nice and affordable hotel. As usual, the Hampton did not disappoint. We were greeted warmly and spent the night in our nicely appointed room. The breakfast was good and helped us start another day of travel. It was easy off/on to highway making it even easier for travelers.

1 Thank Rita W
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, May 18, 2013
It is our Goal at the Hampton Inn and Suites - South to impress our guests by exceeding your expectations providing positive memorable service and clean, comfortable accommodations.

We enjoyed serving your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly if we can be of any future assistance to you.

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
Dunkirk, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This particular Hampton was very nice an clean. Bed was comfortable. Staff was very nice. Complimentary breakfast had plenty of options for everyone and well maintained throughout the morning. Will stay at this hotel again if in the area.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Kari M

Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

This was the second of four Hampton Inns we stayed in on a visit to Virginia. With reference to Richard K's review we were obviously there at the same time when a storm took down all the power, 4/19 I believe. I have to agree that the girls on the desk didn't really help, but the manager certainly did his best to make a bad situation better. We had anticipated the possibility of the storm line causing problems and ate dinner early and were prepared to park in the lobby with reading material, but the loss of power killed that plan. We were on the fifth floor and didn't care to walk up four floors in the dark. That brings up the real problem: the emergency lights lost battery power after a couple of hours, which was a real safety hazard. As to the power outage it was only about three hours, and even on the fifth floor our room never got hot. As to breakfast next morning we didn't find a problem, but then I would never rely on the eggs at a breakfast buffet.
Otherwise the hotel measured up to Hampton standards and I don't blame the hotel for an act of God.

1 Thank rrc59
Manager4800, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, May 1, 2013

Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

A storm blew through town as I was checking in on April 19th about 6:30PM. I watched the front desk staff doing their best as the phone rang and guests arrived. They did find some flashlights and passed them out. I received my room key (and was happy that the door lock was battery based), walked up to my room and returned to the lobby. The Manger was on his cell with the electric company arranging update calls from them. He called the Hampton Inn in another part of town to see if they had rooms and they did not, but they had electricity. He had already placed a call to the nearby Ruby Tuesday or a similar restaurant and lots of finger food was delivered so that guests could at least enjoy pizza, wings, etc. He also mentioned that they were welcome to help them selves to soda, water, etc., in the small food area next to the front desk. He was calm and focused on making the best of an unfortunate situation. Breakfast the next day was fine for a Hampton Inn. I appreciated a huge container of hot oatmeal rather than those little packets, as well as a big bowl of fresh blueberries. I will definitely stay here again because of this experience. Thank you, Mr. English!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Amanda M
Manager4800, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 29, 2013

Hartsdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast featured a nice, tasty, variety of both hot and cold items. The staff was very friendly, The fitness room had an adequate selection of equipment. All and all a very nice stay.

1 Thank stevauer
Manager4800, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 29, 2013

Stephanie Kline
Front Office Manager

United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013

There was no power the first night, however the manager went out of his way and expesnse to provide food and comfort items during the outage. The staff however made no effort to help me find another Hotel that had power. Girls behind the counter just sat on the floor holding flashlights. In the dark of my vehicle with my cell and GPS struggled to find another hotel, just as I was about to leave, the power came back on. The outage was Approx. 5 hours. I wanted to leave because the room without power was near 85 degrees. Breakfast was horrible. Eggs were hard as rubber and that ham thing was so chewy I had to spit it out. Worst nreakfast I ever had. Coffee was great all day and night though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Richard K

We have failed to do that, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor quality of food you received while staying in our hotel. I apologize for the food not being of proper standard during your stay. I have reviewed your comments at our management staff meeting. As a result of your comments we have re focused the food department requiring them to use the exact warming instructions as suggested by the manufacturer. We have also re-trained our breakfast staff to not only prepare the food properly but to waste the food if it sits out past an unacceptable time to insure Quality.

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experiences. It is only with guests like yourself that take the time to let us know our challenges that we can become better at what we do. If you have any further comments or questions please feel free to contact me directly at 540-898-5000 ext. 7882.

Athens, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2013

After a bad experience with management at the Warrenton Road Country Inn and Suites decided to try this location just 9 miles away--------good decision!! Staff very friendly. Room comfy and clean. Location on Rte. 1 perfect for avoiding crazy I 95 traffic near DC when arriving in the late afternoon and departing in the AM. look forward to our next stay. Variety of restaurants in close proximity.

• 5 of 5 stars
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience about our Hotel. I want to assure you we will review your comments at our very next management staff meeting. We are also happy you like the easy on/off access to I-95.