“Kudos to Manager”

Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed April 29, 2013

A storm blew through town as I was checking in on April 19th about 6:30PM. I watched the front desk staff doing their best as the phone rang and guests arrived. They did find some flashlights and passed them out. I received my room key (and was happy that the door lock was battery based), walked up to my room and returned to the lobby. The Manger was on his cell with the electric company arranging update calls from them. He called the Hampton Inn in another part of town to see if they had rooms and they did not, but they had electricity. He had already placed a call to the nearby Ruby Tuesday or a similar restaurant and lots of finger food was delivered so that guests could at least enjoy pizza, wings, etc. He also mentioned that they were welcome to help them selves to soda, water, etc., in the small food area next to the front desk. He was calm and focused on making the best of an unfortunate situation. Breakfast the next day was fine for a Hampton Inn. I appreciated a huge container of hot oatmeal rather than those little packets, as well as a big bowl of fresh blueberries. I will definitely stay here again because of this experience. Thank you, Mr. English!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Amanda M
Manager4800, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

It is our Goal at the Hampton Inn and Suites - South to impress our guests by exceeding your expectations providing positive memorable service and clean, comfortable accommodations.

We enjoyed serving your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly if we can be of any future assistance to you.

Reviewed April 27, 2013

The room was clean and comfortable. Breakfast featured a nice, tasty, variety of both hot and cold items. The staff was very friendly, The fitness room had an adequate selection of equipment. All and all a very nice stay.

1  Thank stevauer
Manager4800, Front Office Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded April 29, 2013

Stephanie Kline
Front Office Manager

Reviewed April 25, 2013

There was no power the first night, however the manager went out of his way and expesnse to provide food and comfort items during the outage. The staff however made no effort to help me find another Hotel that had power. Girls behind the counter just sat on the floor holding flashlights. In the dark of my vehicle with my cell and GPS struggled to find another hotel, just as I was about to leave, the power came back on. The outage was Approx. 5 hours. I wanted to leave because the room without power was near 85 degrees. Breakfast was horrible. Eggs were hard as rubber and that ham thing was so chewy I had to spit it out. Worst nreakfast I ever had. Coffee was great all day and night though.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard K
Manager4800, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

We have failed to do that, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor quality of food you received while staying in our hotel. I apologize for the food not being of proper standard during your stay. I have reviewed your comments at our management staff meeting. As a result of your comments we have re focused the food department requiring them to use the exact warming instructions as suggested by the manufacturer. We have also re-trained our breakfast staff to not only prepare the food properly but to waste the food if it sits out past an unacceptable time to insure Quality.

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experiences. It is only with guests like yourself that take the time to let us know our challenges that we can become better at what we do. If you have any further comments or questions please feel free to contact me directly at 540-898-5000 ext. 7882.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

After a bad experience with management at the Warrenton Road Country Inn and Suites decided to try this location just 9 miles away--------good decision!! Staff very friendly. Room comfy and clean. Location on Rte. 1 perfect for avoiding crazy I 95 traffic near DC when arriving in the late afternoon and departing in the AM. look forward to our next stay. Variety of restaurants in close proximity.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience about our Hotel. I want to assure you we will review your comments at our very next management staff meeting. We are also happy you like the easy on/off access to I-95.

Reviewed April 17, 2013

The room was excellent. The room was clean and their claim of clean items for each stay appears to be true.Their breakfast left a lot to be desired. The sausage, potatoes and eggs were marginal. All the other items were good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Alfred T
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded April 19, 2013

April 13, 2013

Reviewed April 10, 2013

We came with another couple for a meeting in Fredericksburg and were all pleasantly surprised at how nice the place was. Staff excellent. Rooms very nice size, lobby beautiful. Breakfast was very lovely and staff who served it were so nice and friendly. They made sure we didn't run out of anything. If in the area, we would return.

Room Tip: all rooms quiet
1  Thank Seymour E
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was pleased with the quality of the hotel and the friendly staff. My family and I had never stayed at this hotel before but we were so happy with our stay, we booked another room on the way back to NY.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family