A storm blew through town as I was checking in on April 19th about 6:30PM. I watched the front desk staff doing their best as the phone rang and guests arrived. They did find some flashlights and passed them out. I received my room key (and was happy that the door lock was battery based), walked up to my room and returned to the lobby. The Manger was on his cell with the electric company arranging update calls from them. He called the Hampton Inn in another part of town to see if they had rooms and they did not, but they had electricity. He had already placed a call to the nearby Ruby Tuesday or a similar restaurant and lots of finger food was delivered so that guests could at least enjoy pizza, wings, etc. He also mentioned that they were welcome to help them selves to soda, water, etc., in the small food area next to the front desk. He was calm and focused on making the best of an unfortunate situation. Breakfast the next day was fine for a Hampton Inn. I appreciated a huge container of hot oatmeal rather than those little packets, as well as a big bowl of fresh blueberries. I will definitely stay here again because of this experience. Thank you, Mr. English!
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Fredericksburg South
- Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South Hotel Fredericksburg
- Hampton Inn Fredericksburg
- Fredericksburg Hampton Inn