“Breakfast was horrible” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
United States
“Breakfast was horrible”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

There was no power the first night, however the manager went out of his way and expesnse to provide food and comfort items during the outage. The staff however made no effort to help me find another Hotel that had power. Girls behind the counter just sat on the floor holding flashlights. In the dark of my vehicle with my cell and GPS struggled to find another hotel, just as I was about to leave, the power came back on. The outage was Approx. 5 hours. I wanted to leave because the room without power was near 85 degrees. Breakfast was horrible. Eggs were hard as rubber and that ham thing was so chewy I had to spit it out. Worst nreakfast I ever had. Coffee was great all day and night though.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

1 Thank Richard K
Manager4800, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
It is our Goal at the Hampton Inn and Suites - South to impress our guests by exceeding your expectations providing positive memorable service and clean, comfortable accommodations.

We have failed to do that, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor quality of food you received while staying in our hotel. I apologize for the food not being of proper standard during your stay. I have reviewed your comments at our management staff meeting. As a result of your comments we have re focused the food department requiring them to use the exact warming instructions as suggested by the manufacturer. We have also re-trained our breakfast staff to not only prepare the food properly but to waste the food if it sits out past an unacceptable time to insure Quality.

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experiences. It is only with guests like yourself that take the time to let us know our challenges that we can become better at what we do. If you have any further comments or questions please feel free to contact me directly at 540-898-5000 ext. 7882.

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Athens, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

After a bad experience with management at the Warrenton Road Country Inn and Suites decided to try this location just 9 miles away--------good decision!! Staff very friendly. Room comfy and clean. Location on Rte. 1 perfect for avoiding crazy I 95 traffic near DC when arriving in the late afternoon and departing in the AM. look forward to our next stay. Variety of restaurants in close proximity.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 24, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience about our Hotel. I want to assure you we will review your comments at our very next management staff meeting. We are also happy you like the easy on/off access to I-95.

We enjoyed serving your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly if we can be of any future assistance to you.

Moneta, Virginia, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

The room was excellent. The room was clean and their claim of clean items for each stay appears to be true.Their breakfast left a lot to be desired. The sausage, potatoes and eggs were marginal. All the other items were good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

1 Thank Alfred T
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 19, 2013
April 13, 2013

silver spring,md
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2013

We came with another couple for a meeting in Fredericksburg and were all pleasantly surprised at how nice the place was. Staff excellent. Rooms very nice size, lobby beautiful. Breakfast was very lovely and staff who served it were so nice and friendly. They made sure we didn't run out of anything. If in the area, we would return.

Room Tip: all rooms quiet
1 Thank Seymour E
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 13, 2013

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2013

I was pleased with the quality of the hotel and the friendly staff. My family and I had never stayed at this hotel before but we were so happy with our stay, we booked another room on the way back to NY.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Fairfield, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

We stayed at this hotel one night. The hotel was very clean and staff was friendly. The hotel was quiet and we slept well. There was a free buffet breakfast with hot and cold items. This buffet offered more choices than usual- fresh fruit, hot oatmeal, yogurt, French toast sticks, breads,and waffles.

1 Thank Gloria H
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, April 10, 2013

Cincinnati
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

This hotel is well appointed and looks very nice. It was super crowded and completely full when we got there. In the lobby they had fresh popcorn for the guests and plenty of people on hand to help you if you needed it. The rooms were spacious and the pillows were full-sized. The beds were very hard so the sleep was slow to come. The heater was on low-heat and when it cycled on and off it was noisy. Additionally, we had to unplug the refrigerator because it too was noisy. At checkout I let the front desk know of the problems and they said thank you but didn't offer a discount, or for that matter an apology. We checked out and later in the day we noticed that we must have left our son's game system at the hotel, because it wasn't in the car. We tried calling them all day and there was no answer. I even called Hilton Rewards and they didn't have an alternate way to contact them. I waited until the next morning and called them again and still no one was answering the phone. We had to drive back to the hotel, two days after we checked out to see if anyone on the cleaning staff had found my son's game system. When we got there, we were initially told that no one had turned anything in. But after a quick conversation with the cleaning staff supervisor, and with a clarification that we were standing at the front desk, it was found. I let the front desk know that I had been calling for two days and was informed that their phone system was out. It was a series of unfortunate events, but hopefully they'll have their phones fixed soon so that other future guests can reach them if necessary. We would stay here again, but leave all the electronics at home.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank ckralston

We have failed to do that, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you received while staying in our hotel. I apologize for the phone system during your stay, I also believe in 99% of all lost and founds, and we take pride in being proactive to our guests. I must tell you this is not the service we are accustomed to giving. Therefore, I have a need to explain, the phones were out of our control and a challenge with the provider. After researching the dates it became apparent that the Executive Housekeeping Manager and the person in charge of lost and found were on vacation. I have reviewed your comments at our management staff meeting.

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experiences. It is only with guests like yourself that take the time to let us know our challenges that we can become better at what we do. If you would be so kind as to contact me in my office at 540-898-5000 ext. 7882 I would be glad to insure your 100% satisfaction guaranteed!