“AWESOME Staff, EXTREMELY clean rooms & WONDERFUL hot breakfast!”

Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South
Ranked #3 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“AWESOME Staff, EXTREMELY clean rooms & WONDERFUL hot breakfast!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Solo overnight stay as an 'exhausted mommy and wife' treat from my husband! Upon presentation of my treat, my husband raved about the excellent customer service that he'd received from Brandy and Elizabeth during his planning phase. Although I didn't get to meet either of these sweet ladies until I checked out, I must agree that they were both charming, witty, and possess the customer service etiquette of true professionals. Harvey also made my check in process quick and painless. He was exceptionally warm and inviting. My room was spotless, comfortable and well appointed. The hot breakfast offering was also phenomenal. Waffles, oatmeal, cereal, eggs, sausage, bagels, a variety of juices, etc. And I especially appreciated the extended hours of breakfast operations from 6a - 10a. Not your usual 6a - 9a. The breakfast area was clean and the attending staff (Loretta and a sweet gentleman) were courteous, friendly and helpful. They greeted each guest that entered the breakfast area and made sure everyone had what they needed. I even noticed Loretta offering to secure and set up a high chair at a guest's table. I am a local resident of Fredericksburg so of course I don't frequent the city's hotels often but when I am hosting out of town guests, this will certainly be our hotel of choice. I had a wonderful stay and will certainly return and recommend this Hampton Inn. Keep up the great work and kudos for a job well done!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank DENISE7725
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, February 13, 2013
It is our Goal at the Hampton Inn and Suites - South to impress our guests by exceeding your expectations providing positive memorable service and clean, comfortable accommodations.

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience about our Hotel. I want to assure you we will review your comments at our very next management staff meeting.

We enjoyed serving your needs. Please feel free to contact me directly if we can be of any future assistance to you.

Terry English

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Atlanta
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

The Good: I have stayed here roughly 10 times and for the most part things have been good. The rooms are clean, front desk staff are friendly, pool and exercise area are clean, and the addition of Krispy Kreme donuts at breakfast are a win.

The Bad: According to the maintenance guy, my toilet started leaking one day while I was gone (fortunately he said it was the fresh water part!) Unfortunately, it soaked the carpet in the room completely! The maintenance guy was so nice, though. He brought towels and a fan and we tried to soak it up. That didn't help, though. The water was splashing whenever I would walk on it, gross! I asked for a new room and they were full, so I decided to walk around in my tennis shoes and rough it out for the night. When I got back the next night, it still wasn't dry and the airconditioning was making a horrible noise like the fan was rubbing something. Fortunately, they had a room to switch me to that night. I am a patient man, and although maintenance issues happen. Based on my past stays, there have never been any maintenance issues here, so I am not sure why all the bad luck this time.

The Ugly: When I spoke with the manager after my trip, he was less then apologetic and seemed more concerned with telling me how much the damage was going to cost! 1. Why do I care what it is going to cost, it's your plumbing issues, not mine? 2. I am a Diamond Hilton member, why would you talk to me like that?

Furthermore, he never even apologized for the experience I had. Fortunately, hilton corporate came through for me (love those guys).

I will stay here again, but I am not sure the friendly staff and Krispy Kreme donuts are enough to offset my experience with management.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank striker008
February 11, 2013

We have failed to do that, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you received. Unfortunately we cannot give you points instead of your 100% guarantee. I am glad that Guest Assistance came to an agreement with you to refund your money. Please accept my offer of a complimentary stay on your very next visit or stop over in the Fredericksburg Area. I apologize for the toilet over flowing in your room.

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experiences. It is only with guests like yourself that take the time to let us know our challenges that we can become better at what we do. If you have any further comments or questions please feel free to contact me directly at 540-898-5000 ext. 7882.

Naples, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

Stopped for one night on our way to FL from the frozen north, and were not disappointed. HARVEY, at check-in, set the bar high with his friendly, knowledgeable service; the rest of the staff maintained Hampton-high service for us. Clean, well-maintained, the cookies were hot, the popcorn was warm, the bed was a tad softer than Hampton's usual hardness (that firmness being a good thing), but we're planning to stop here on our way back north in a couple of months. Priced right and one of the better Hamptons we've stayed in.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, February 11, 2013

Panama City, Fl
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights during inauguration weekend. I'd read the many positive reviews so I really didn't expect to be disappointed during our stay. The hotel staff was very friendly and professional. Our rooms were immaculately clean with a personal hand written note left by the person who'd cleaned it prior to our arrival. There were 2 tour groups there during our stay so breakfast was a little crowded and congested but I felt the staff handled everything well. During a conversation with the hotel staff the night before the inauguration, my partner mentioned that we planned on leaving at 4AM to head up to D.C. Imagine our surprise when they provided us with a light breakfast for the road the next morning. This was my 1st time with this chain but definately not my last. A great time was had by all.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank skeewee1908
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, January 24, 2013

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2013 via mobile

Stopped on our way north from Georgia. We line Hampton Inns because they are always clean and the staff is usually very helpful. This stay proved even better than usual. The desk person, Elizabeth was very accommodating. We'll be back. Thank you Hampton Inn.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank SoloTraveler1969

Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2013

The hotel was exceptionally clean which is my number one priority. The rooms were quiet and we slept well. The rooms were large . Breakfast was good , nice variety. Front desk staff very courteous and professional. Couldn't ask for anything more.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank M200789
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, January 18, 2013

Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2013

When on a road trip the Hampton Inn chain is generally as good as most....which is not saying much. This particular Hampton Inn needs to train its front desk staff in charm....the girl at the desk when we arrived had close to none. The breakfast was good and the attendant was excellent, friendly and professional....quite the opposite of the front desk attendant. Maintenance also needs a kick up the proverbial. The grout between the floor tiles in the bathroom was broken up, peeling and missing. Also the shower did not drain properly....by the time we had finished our showers we were more than ankle deep in water.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Worldwatcher
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this review, January 14, 2013

We have failed to do that, please accept my sincere apologies for the poor service you received while staying in our hotel. This is not the type of service we are accustome to giving. I apologize for the tub not draining properly in your room during your stay. I have reviewed your comments at our management staff meeting.