“Great Staff and Location, BUT ..”

Ranked #2 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed October 22, 2012

Let me first state that the staff at this particular Hampton Inn – in
South Fredericksburg VA is outstanding. Even one of the maintance
guys stopped me in the hall way to ask me how my day was and if he
could help me out in any way possible. I was sincerely impressed.

That being said, I had an issue when my bed comforter that was extremely displeasing.
When I went to sleep I unforgunately placed my bed comforter too close to my face and
smelt a very nasty smell that should never been on ones bed linings.
I did bring this issue to the girl at the front desk in the morning and she took the nightly charge off
of my room bill.
The nightly rate wasn’t my biggest concern, it was the cleanliness of the room and what I might
expect in the future from this Hampton Inn or any other one.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank TravelinManTravelin
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

It is our goal at the Hampton Inn and Suites - South to impress our guests by exceeding your expectations providing positive memorable service and clean, comfortable accommodations. We have failed to do that, please accept my sincere apologies for the service you received while staying in our hotel.
Thank you for taking the time to relate your experiences. You can be assured your complaint about the "Cloud Nine Bed” has been taken seriously. Let me assure you that every bed is stripped and laundered every day. Our housekeeping department takes great pride in delivering only an excellent fresh clean bed for every guest, everyday in every room. We will discuss your observations at our very next management staff meeting. I apologize for your inconvenience. We have refunded your money at the time of check out, honoring the 100% guarantee..
Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any further questions or comments at 540-898-5000 ext. 7882. Thank you again for your input; it’s only with guests like yourself that we can become better at what we do.

Reviewed September 30, 2012

Great place to stay. Our room was clean and very comfortable with a spacious view of harbor. The support staff were extremely helpful and gracious, especially Wilson, Richard, and A.J.. We will definitely stay at this hotel again.

Room Tip: Rooms on the harbor side are large and sunny.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Tom S
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

It is our Goal at the Hampton Inn and Suites - South to impress our guests by exceeding your expectations providing positive memorable service and clean, comfortable accommodations.

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience about our Associates. I want to assure you we will review your comments about Harvey, LJay and at our very next management staff meeting. We have staffed and trained our Associates to achieve the level of service and product quality you experienced. .
You are very important to us. Please feel free to contact me directly if we can be of any assistance to you.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

On our way to Myrtle Beach and we stopped there as our half way point. Staff were very friendly, and everything was clean. Pool was nice & warm but SMALL, and the hot-tub looked old and in need of refinishing. The hotel was full and it wasn't noisy at all even with a girls (teenage) tennis tournament staying there! Our suite had a mini fridge and microwave and sink, with a pull out sofa & two double beds. Bath-tub was very small, but it was clean. Cookies placed out for your arrival and a nice entrance-way. The only thing is the breakfast area was under repair, so they made a few rooms into the breakfast area & some as sitting areas....it worked but will be nicer once it is finished.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to relate your experience about our Associates. I want to assure you we will review your comments at our very next management staff meeting. We have staffed and trained our Associates to achieve the level of service and product quality you experienced. .

Reviewed September 23, 2012

Stayed one night on a business trip to the area and was happy with the room and amenities. The hotel lobby / breakfast area was being refurbished, but the hotel did a decent job of breakfast set up despite the construction disruptions. Room & bath were clean, and bed / mattress was comfortable. Would stay here again...

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Nice room and friendly staff. Breakfast was good, lots of things to chose from. One of the most comfortable beds I think i've ever had in a hotel. It's location is easy on and off of Interstate 95. I asked for a late check out and was told no problem.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Manager4800, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Reviewed August 30, 2012

The clealiness and friendly service where appreciated but really I thought I was walking into a new hotel.... It's looks incredibely good for the five year's in operation... The breakfast is complete and esay acess and also proximity of the food store is fantastic.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed August 28, 2012

Suite rooms are spacious and clean, beds are comfy, pillows are OK. Water is hot and shower is good. Internet speed is super. Staff is super friendly. Breakfast is not the best of the Hampton chain, but is substantial enough. You do hear some noise from the surrounding rooms, but nothing substantial.

Room Tip: Upper floors - there are a few rooms right off the breakfast area, so if you want to sleep in - I wo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple