“Choose another restaurant....terrible management....”

Brock's Riverside Grill
Cuisines: American
Good for: Scenic view, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed July 1, 2012

I have been to brocks quite a few times over the years...for dining and nightlife...not my favorite place however thought id try it again....big mistake.... The food is not that great...I was appauled at the way the manager treated myself and the party I was with ...he was rude...pompous..and extremely unprofessional...I will NEVER go back and I will definately not suggest this place to anyone...get a new management team please and choose another Fredericksburg restaurant for your dinner or special occasion...this place is an embarrasement on who they have representing them...

6  Thank allyjanae

Reviewed June 9, 2012

My mom and I have traveled down to OBX for the past 5 years. The private decking in the back early on a Saturday (11am) is so peaceful. The food has always been very good. This year we had broiled crab cakes with veggies....absolutely delicious and their Sweet Tea is also very good. We enjoy watching the trains going over the trestle.
I've never been there when it has been very crowded only because we come so early, but we've never been disappointed with the food or service.

Reviewed June 8, 2012

Brocks has a nice covered deck area that is great during the summer with two outdoor bars and bands!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I was part of a group of about 20 that had a dinner there recently. It was our 3rd year using this restaurant. They have a lovely room that overlooks the river. The waiter was attentive at first and took drink orders several times as people arrived.

Salads came out, but no rolls. Then entrees came out, still no rolls. The meats were fine. The roasted potatoes tasted like someone had dumped a whole can of cayenne pepper on them.Almost no one in the group could eat them.

I mentioned this to the waiter and asked if we could have rolls brought out. The rolls appeared but no apology or mention of the problem with the potatoes.

Dessert was fine - cake - but the waiter never asked if anyone would like coffee or tea to go with it. Someone at the other end of the table may have asked for a cup of coffee, but none was offered to the rest of us. So we will have to rethink coming again next year.

1  Thank jmoore964
Reviewed May 20, 2012

We had a Mother's Day brunch here. Lots of families with small children. Special menu for the occasion, but just the usual fare. Food was OK but not great, nothing memorable. They have a prime location next to the river but the interior is low ceilings, old office type suspended ceiling tiles and boring. Service was OK but not particularly friendly or welcoming. We would not go back. There are too many other really good restaurants in the Old Town area.

2  Thank Mark W