All reviews indoor pool atrium style bedroom door rooms overlook front desk rooms face rooms are spacious and clean living room free breakfast first floor would stay here again two queen beds great place to stay breakfast area sitting area next morning plenty of parking
Reviewed September 19, 2017

I hate this place. It's clean, it's pretty nice, and it has a good location.

It's also terrible.

First, I prepaid for the room, but spent way too much time at the front desk answering questions and jumping through hoops. I'm not applying for a mortgage here. I've already paid for the room. Give me the key.

Second, I took the elevator up to my room, put the key in the door, opened it, and there were the people who had already been given that room. No, that's not awkward at all. That's not unsafe at all in Virginia, where I could have gotten my head blown off by some gun toting individual.

Third, whoever designed this hotel should be put to death. The rooms surround an enclosed area with a pool, allowing the noise made by a single person to float up to all of the rooms and make it pretty loud. Put 10 kids in that pool and it is deafening.

Yes, it's true, if you go into the bedroom and close the door, the noise abates somewhat. Why did I get a suite? Is the living room supposed to be a buffer from the noise?

On this occasion, the screaming kids were bad enough, but according to the front desk clerk the actual problem people were their parents, blasting music and refusing to silence their loud offspring. Supposedly the clerk threatened to call the police, and when the pool closed at 9 p.m., it got better.

This was until the same kids - apparently the idea behind getting a suite is that you can illegally allow 4,256 people to stay in one room - ran around on the floor above me, making laps around the hallway. Keep in mind the parents had already declined to do anything about this earlier.

So no, I will not be staying in this place again, and I will avoid all Comfort Suites if they have the same design.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Jennifer P, General Manager at Comfort Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Dear Andrew,

Thank you for your review. We apologize for the disturbances you experienced during your stay with us. Our front desk clerk did her best to deter the noise level but unfortunately it was unsuccessful.

We are sorry you will choose to not stay with us again but please keep booking with Choice Hotels.

Assistant General Manager.

Reviewed August 7, 2017 via mobile

Friendly staff. Good location. Saying they have free wifi is like leaving a bowl of stale toast on a table in the lobby and advertising their "Free Breakfast". Decent wifi is table stakes in 2017. Ironically their breakfast was fantastic!! Everything else was good.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
Jennifer P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2017

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am glad you found our staff to be friendly, our location good and our breakfast "fantastic". I am sorry we fell short with the wifi service.

We look forward to your next visit to Fredericksburg and our hotel.

Reviewed July 30, 2017 via mobile

Clean. Great news. Professional staff. Had trouble at check-in but they took care of it right away. My only complaint is that our keys stopped working several times and had to get them reprogrammed. Breakfast was good too.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this positive review. I am please you found our hotel to be clean and our staff professional. I am glad we were able to rectify the check-in situation as well.

We look forward to your next visit to Fredericksburg and our hotel.

Comfort Suites Fredericksburg South

Reviewed July 17, 2017

Very clean, comfortable & quiet. We were on the 5th floor and near the elevator & ice machine but we did not hear anything! Desk staff was very accommodating & professional. Beds & pillows were very nice and the AC worked great. Highly recommend staying here

Stayed: July 2017
Jennifer P, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites Fredericksburg South, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2017

Dear Janet,

I would like to thank you for this great review of our hotel. I am pleased you found our rooms to be "clean, comfortable and quiet". We thank you for the "high recommendation" and look forward to your return.

Comfort Suites Fredericksburg South

Reviewed June 24, 2017

Rooms clean and beds very comfortable. Hotel has 5 floors-atrium style. Rooms overlook indoor pool and breakfast area. Plenty of parking and several restaurants and shopping nearby. Employees friendly and helpful. Would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2017, traveled with family

Dear Sherry,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a favorable review of our hotel. I am please you found our rooms to be clean and comfortable and our staff friendly and helpful.

We look forward to your return to Fredericksburg and to the Comfort Suites South.