“Great place to have a glass of wine. Try the home made tonic w/Hendrick's Gin”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of La Petite Auberge

La Petite Auberge
Ranked #17 of 427 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Seafood, French
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great place to have a glass of wine. Try the home made tonic w/Hendrick's Gin”
Reviewed November 28, 2007

Great place to have a glass of wine.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook

Spotsylvania, Virginia
“Best Restaurant in the area!”
Reviewed December 28, 2006

This is absolutely the best restaurant in the area! We have been eating there for 18 years. Yes, Chef barely knows who we are but we patronize this place because the food is wonderful consistently! Try the Scampi Auberge or the Baked Scrod sometime. Lunch is an especially good buy. Try it. You'll be back!

1 Thank maggiemae123
Southwest MO
“A great little place to relax”
Reviewed July 25, 2006

I ate at La Petite Auberge while on business in Fredericksburg after receiving numerous recommendations from locals. I was told that the best deal by far was the fixed price "early" dinner. It was $20.50 and offered a nice 4-5 course selection of soups, entrees, and desserts. Unfortunately, I missed the "early" dinner by 5 minutes. Still, I had a wonderful mesclin salad with pine nuts and grated cheese along with jumbo lump crab in a cream curry sauce. Delightful. My dining partner indulged in a fennel-infused mahi mahi which was absolutely divine. For dessert, I chose the chocolate cake. This was definitely the highlight of the meal. Rich and out of this world. She chose the chocolate mousse. Also well above average. The sides were nothing to rave about...steamed green beans and white rice with black beans. However, they were flavorful. I noticed that diners who chose rare steaks actually got them. (So many places seem to shy away from a truly rare steak.) I try to eat a mostly vegetarian diet and I'm sad to say that there were no vegetarian entrees available..only salads and appetizers. So if this is important to you, you'll want to consider this. The wait staff were not very attentive. I was without water on more than one occasion and the bread took a significant amount of time to reach the table. However, the casual and cozy cafe atmosphere won me over and I was able to relax and enjoy myself. I would definitely recommend this....especially the early special menu which you can get from 5:30 - 7 p.m.

3 Thank MOchick
A TripAdvisor Member
“Owner is a snob, but he's not on the menu!”
Reviewed March 2, 2006

So the owner is a snob - most chefs are snobs. He doesn't bother anybody. He's too busy cooking! Pricey? Uh, not! And as for the potatoes, the French Fries are DIVINE! Crisp on the outside, creamy on the inside. Potatoes au gratin are to live for. All of the salads wonderful - fresh, with a lovely house dressing. The wait staff are responsive but not overbearing, thank heavens! We love this place, and travel from Alexandria, VA just for this restaurant.

A TripAdvisor Member
“Main courses are excellent - sides need work”
Reviewed December 29, 2005

I've always had average service here and the food is interesting and generally well done. It is a bit pricey but the other night I had rockfish and crab that was quite good. It seems that the chef/owner concentrates more on the meat than on side items. So don't expect too much from the potatoes or spinach.
The stuffed mussles auberge were EXCELLENT!

and yes, the chef/owner is a bit of a snob but he's generally in the back cooking your food so that might make you feel better.