“pleasant suprise”

Ranked #18 of 42 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Skippack, Pennsylvania
“pleasant suprise”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I had stayed in several Towneplace suites over the years. I have not stayed in any recently but I was pleasantly surprised. First they greeted me and actually made me feel welcome due to my elite status. The rooms were clean and fresh but the biggest surprise for me was the breakfast. The last times I stayed in these hotels they only offered a continental style breakfast. This time they had a full hot breakfast. A nice surprise. I am not sure if all of them have switched to this or if it was just this particular hotel

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Southampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 7, 2014

We needed some place to stay on the way home from Myrtle Beach. Hotel in the center of Fredericksburg was booked, but they recommended this property four miles away--we had to book by phone.

Pulled up...great location...a choice of restaurants within a 1/2 mile...but we weren't told it was a pet-friendly hotel. That needs to be done! I have allergies to dog and cat fur so I was a bit alarmed. However, the smell of pet in our room was barely noticeable.

VERY clean...VERY comfortable...GREAT bathroom with wonderful water pressure...nicely appointed and seemed to have just been updated. Only heard one dog barking...very briefly and after we were up, so no complaints. Average breakfast buffet, but sufficient.

Absolutely would be a five-star stop but people need to know the facility accepts pets...there are people with worse allergies than me!

This would be a five-star

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have stayed at several Town Place Suites by Marriott lately and was somewhat disappointed by them. However our stay at the Fredericksburg location was a pleasant surprise. The facility was bright and clean and the personnel were polite and friendly. The room was clean and you got the feeling everyone at this location cared about their customer.
When we had the complimentary breakfast this morning, it was hot and tasty. The selection was very good for a complimentary breakfast and one of the choices was a new item; Canadian bacon.
It was delicious and when I ask the kitchen manager about it, he told me the he tries to rotate new items like this into the menu. I could tell that he also felt it was important to make the customer feel good about their stay. I would recommend this location to others for a good experience.
Great place - modest price.

Room Tip: Did not see any bad choices
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Fred M
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed July 16, 2014

The property was just as shown on the website and the staff were very good and most helpful when needed. Internet access was good. Laundry facility on site made week long trip more bearable for me. While I didn't partake of the breakfasts, etc. I can assure you it all seemed well received by other guests. All of the guests were very pleasant as well. They do permit pets and they have a special area for dog play which I would find appealing as I do have a dog but wasn't traveling with her this trip.

Room Tip: I was in a studio which was perfect since I was alone. I would prefer a separate bedroom if traveli...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Edison, New Jersey
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Room: Quite adequate and comfortable. Spanking clean; bathroom too was immaculate. View from window was unattractive. Front desk service was very competent and professional but distinctly UNfriendly: No smiles or warmth, very perfunctory and impersonal. Breakfast buffet was bare bones; nothing to boast about. I used the water cooler in the fitness room and found stuff floating in the water resembling pieces of mold or mouse poop; showed it to the front desk. Instead of apologizing and posting a Do Not Use sign on the cooler, she just stared into the cup and said, What's THAT??"

But the deal breaker for me was that they DON'T RECYCLE. I had glass and plastic bottles in my room and aluminum cans; when I asked where the recycling cans were, I was told "We don't recycle".

WHAT?? There is no excuse for a consumer-oriented business not to observe rigorous recycling program in this day and age. I ended up packing up my recyclables and driving them back home to NJ to put them in my own recycling bin at home.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank skip54-8
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had a great time. The staff treated us great. They where wonderful to our kids. The room was so nice with all the comforts of home. We will definitely stay again. Love they except pets. The breakfast was good & convient. The rooms where wonderful & with all the comforts of home.

• Stayed June 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The unfortunate part is there were many families and other groups staying here who didn't care about anyone but themselves. Stank up the hotel with fried food, revved up a motorcycle many time directly outside my room and just left trash everywhere. The staff did what they could, but if you want a quieter time don't stay here.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business