“Excellent choice for quality stay at modest price”

TownePlace Suites Fredericksburg
Ranked #18 of 41 Hotels in Fredericksburg
Reviewed July 25, 2014

We have stayed at several Town Place Suites by Marriott lately and was somewhat disappointed by them. However our stay at the Fredericksburg location was a pleasant surprise. The facility was bright and clean and the personnel were polite and friendly. The room was clean and you got the feeling everyone at this location cared about their customer.
When we had the complimentary breakfast this morning, it was hot and tasty. The selection was very good for a complimentary breakfast and one of the choices was a new item; Canadian bacon.
It was delicious and when I ask the kitchen manager about it, he told me the he tries to rotate new items like this into the menu. I could tell that he also felt it was important to make the customer feel good about their stay. I would recommend this location to others for a good experience.
Great place - modest price.

Room Tip: Did not see any bad choices
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank Fred M

Reviewed July 16, 2014

The property was just as shown on the website and the staff were very good and most helpful when needed. Internet access was good. Laundry facility on site made week long trip more bearable for me. While I didn't partake of the breakfasts, etc. I can assure you it all seemed well received by other guests. All of the guests were very pleasant as well. They do permit pets and they have a special area for dog play which I would find appealing as I do have a dog but wasn't traveling with her this trip.

Room Tip: I was in a studio which was perfect since I was alone. I would prefer a separate bedroom if traveli...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2014

Room: Quite adequate and comfortable. Spanking clean; bathroom too was immaculate. View from window was unattractive. Front desk service was very competent and professional but distinctly UNfriendly: No smiles or warmth, very perfunctory and impersonal. Breakfast buffet was bare bones; nothing to boast about. I used the water cooler in the fitness room and found stuff floating in the water resembling pieces of mold or mouse poop; showed it to the front desk. Instead of apologizing and posting a Do Not Use sign on the cooler, she just stared into the cup and said, What's THAT??"

But the deal breaker for me was that they DON'T RECYCLE. I had glass and plastic bottles in my room and aluminum cans; when I asked where the recycling cans were, I was told "We don't recycle".

WHAT?? There is no excuse for a consumer-oriented business not to observe rigorous recycling program in this day and age. I ended up packing up my recyclables and driving them back home to NJ to put them in my own recycling bin at home.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank skip54-8
Reviewed June 19, 2014

We had a great time. The staff treated us great. They where wonderful to our kids. The room was so nice with all the comforts of home. We will definitely stay again. Love they except pets. The breakfast was good & convient. The rooms where wonderful & with all the comforts of home.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed June 13, 2014

The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The unfortunate part is there were many families and other groups staying here who didn't care about anyone but themselves. Stank up the hotel with fried food, revved up a motorcycle many time directly outside my room and just left trash everywhere. The staff did what they could, but if you want a quieter time don't stay here.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank All-reviews-for-free
Reviewed June 11, 2014

As a fully furnished, all suites hotel, I stay at this location regularly on business. With a full kitchenette stocked with cook/bake-ware as well as plates, silverware, etc, it makes for a cozy stay as a home away from home. Over the two to three years I've been staying as a guest off and on, this location is consistently one of my favorites to stay.

Room Tip: For a short time there was a lot of construction going on building townhouses on the south side, and...
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed June 10, 2014 via mobile

Two separate bedrooms gives my large family plenty of space. Full kitchen is always great with kids. Pool to play in. Hotel has a good location. Price is better then all comparable hotels that offer this room setup. Definitely planning another stay.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family