“Nice cold beer”

The Tavern at Lee's Hill
Ranked #42 of 456 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 31, 2014

We walked over form the Hampton INN on the recommendation of the staff at hotel and it was worth it. If you like home style friendliness and very courteous and talkative staff--this is a place or you. I knew it was good when I saw the locals leaving with "to go boxes". The food is bar- American food and a lot of home style flavour and there is lots of it. The bar area is separated from the tables and it is very rustic and not fancy but you will enjoy it.

1  Thank RSV_Golpher

Reviewed July 9, 2014 via mobile

Come on Wednesday's to enjoy the best winds in town. Great waitress and close to my hotel. Went to other places and this feels like a small town bar.

Reviewed May 28, 2014

Our first visit was a true success. Though it was a very busy time so we had a long wait, it was definitely worth it. The server, Amanda, was doing an excellent job, all with a smile and kind word. Our wings appetizers (discounted price on Wednesdays) were excellent. Our burgers and steak fries were perfect - generous, hot, crispy, couldn't have been better. It's a small place, seat yourself, but we'll be back regularly to try the day's specials and other items from a large menu.
Highly recommend.

1  Thank Jessica S
Reviewed May 28, 2014

The Tavern is not a "Chain Store"! It is a family owned and operated bar and pub that serves great food in a gallant atmosphere. While here I noticed many of the guests are greeted like Norm on Cheers, "Hey, the usual?." That tells me there is a good thing going! The Tavern has specials on food and/or drinks every night, and it is good food. It is not fast food, it is GOOD food. The burgers are amazing, the steaks are hand trimmed, and the service is always on point. Who could ask for anything more! I would recommend giving them a try.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

This restaurant came highly recommended by a friend for Monday burger night. So we went. The place was extremely crowded (half price burgers? No surprise.). We were able to find a table in the bar area. My husband ordered a beer, and we ordered our burgers. Then we waited

And waited. The two tables next to us cleared and new people came in, sat down and ordered. Eventually their food arrived. Ours did not. In the meantime, the dining room cleared out, then another wave of folks came in. Our food still did not arrive. My husband asked the waitress how much longer it would be. She said it could be awhile.

When she came to our table, my husband said we had been there for a half hour, which the waitress disputed, saying the ticket was time stamped. Ok, when we paid for the beer, she was right - we had only been there 25 minutes. She said that the folks in the dining room had probably gotten their orders in sooner, since that was a different waitress and the kitchen cooks orders as they come in. Ok, so why did the other two tables in the bar (HER tables) order after us and get served before us?

My husband went to the bar to pay for his beer and she took his money. When she gave him change, she put the bills in his hand, then put the change on the bar top, rather than just dropping that in his hand as well. Perhaps she did it so he wouldn't drop the change, but that certainly wasn't the feeling he got.

I'm glad other folks have enjoyed this place, but I doubt we will return.