“My favorite place to eat”
Review of Taj Indian Cuisine

Taj Indian Cuisine
Reserve with OpenTable
Taj Indian Cuisine is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #89 of 441 Restaurants in Fredericksburg
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 3, 2013

I love this place for the food, especially the buffet. Lots to of delicious food to choose from and most is quite healthy. If you get a chance to get a waiter by the name of Raz, take it! He is simply the best and most facinating waiter my wife and I have ever had.
I like Indian food but I LOVE this place. The buffet price is quite reasonable also, especially for the quality.
My kids who are a bit picky, found plenty to enjoy on the buffet, especially the nan, which I think is the best in town.

There are newer reviews for Taj Indian Cuisine

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I really enjoyed the buffet for the first few weeks when Taj opened but the food has gotten progressively hotter (spicey). Initially the food was really fresh and it wasn't necessary to mask it with an overabundance of spice. The owners need to understand that you cannot remove the hotness of the food once you have already seasoned it. Let the patrons add their own hotness to the food. Even the tandoori chicken made me feel miserable the day after I ate it. And how do you bring back customers. Does one advertise "less spicey".

Reviewed December 9, 2012

I went here for a friend's birthday dinner. She called the restaurant several days in advance to let them know she'd have a party of twenty. Whoever took the reservation didn't write it down, and when we got there we were told that she should have made the reservation ten days in advance (as if she were to blame for them not writing down the reservation she made in the first place) and informed us that it would be a while before we got our food.

I realize that good food takes time, but it shouldn't take an hour and a half if the restaurant has its act together. The kitchen obviously felt bad about it, and brought us out several appetizers on the house. Unfortunately, by the time the curries we'd ordered came out, we'd have enough of the appetizers to spoil our appetite. Also, they forgot to bring out the soup I'd ordered. It wasn't on the bill at the end of the night so I think the waitress just forgot it, even though she repeated the order back to me after I gave it to her.

My chicken tandoori was a disappointment. It was full of cartilage and tiny bones, and no amount of careful cutting prevented me from ending up with a mouth full of sharp bits. The flavor, however, was excellent.

I tried a little of my boyfriend's chicken vindaloo, and it was delicious. If we go back I think I'll try a curry instead of a tandoori dish.

Although the wait staff, overall, was pleasant and amusing (they liked to crack jokes, kept a pretty light atmosphere), the woman waiter on staff was quite condescending. It was obvious that she felt rushed, and even more obvious that she was new to waitressing. I understand there is a first time for everything, but in the interest of maintaining professional courtesy, please don't take it out on the patrons. She stared at the tray of food we ordered for over five minutes trying to figure out which was which, and mixed up a few peoples' orders.

I'm still open to going back. I think this was more of a time management/wait staff issue than a food issue, and perhaps going there as just a party of two might yield better results.

I do not recommend this restaurant as a place to take a large party.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Really liked the food, and love how they let me order extra spicy food and it still has flavor... a little pricy but can be justified if you like Indian food... Small little place that offers a lunch buffet, i think i'll try the buffet for my second visit instead of the dinner service

Reviewed November 27, 2012

What a delight to have a good Indian restaurant in Fredericksburg again. The menu has a wonderful variety of dishes from different regions of Indian. The ingredients are fresh. The breads are hot and tasty, although the last time the bread arrived much later than the meal. There are two televisions. This is usually not to my liking, but they are tuned to Indian music videos! Hopefully Fredericksburg will support this new restaurant and it will continue to offer good food.