“Pleasant Surprise” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of FIZZLEBOTTOMS Cafe - CLOSED

FIZZLEBOTTOMS Cafe
Cuisines: American, Cafe, Soups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating, Takeout
Description: Cafe is embedded in "The Made in Virginia Store"
Washington DC
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013

I often drive through Fredericksburg on my way to DC, and this has become my go-to place for lunch, after finding it a year ago. I usually get whatever sandwich they have on special (seems like they have a different special every time I go), and it's been good every time.
Also, the chef always has a smile and is hilarious.

• Visited March 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

“Hidden Gem”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 6, 2013

I was recently on a road trip and found myself in Fredericksburg. While out and about in the town, I struck up conversation with a few locals. I asked where would be a good place to grab something to eat before I hit the road. I was looking for something quick but not your typical run of the mill fast food joint. A few locals told me to give Fizzlebottoms Cafe a try. They told me it was the best place in town; unique place that even had sandwiches named after some of the locals who eat there.Taking the locals advice, I gave it a shot and could not have been more pleased. The food was amazing! The day I was there, I met the owner/chef; his name was Justin. Justin was polite and courteous. You could tell he had a true passion for his craft. He explained all of the different flavors and tastes each sandwich on the menu had. He even offered to let me try a few spreads and sauces that I had questions about. Overall, the food was amazing! This was a unique spot. The locals knew best by suggesting this place! Justin has something special with Fizzlebottoms!

• Visited February 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cute Little Place!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 4, 2013

My kids and I love Fizzlebottoms. Aside from the adorable mascot, the food is delicious and the staff is super friendly, caring, and accommodating. Justin truly treats everything he makes as an art. I've watched him put together my sandwiches with the utmost care. Plus, the prices are very good. At other restaurants, I usually stick to one thing, but at ol' Fizzy B's, I'm confident enough to try everything because I know it'll be amazing. A true hidden gem in Fredericksburg.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank JDB0709
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

This has been one of my favorite places to grab a bite for quite awhile. The owner always remembers me and my partner and makes it a point to chat with us on top of the outstanding service and food. We love bringing our dogs with us too. He always has treats and a bowl of water for them. We've made it a personal mission to tell as many people about Fizzlebottoms as possible. Definitely a great place to eat and even shop, since it is located in the Virginia store.

• Visited April 2013
Fredericksburg, Virginia
“Strange Concoctions!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 3, 2013

Since we started stopping here for an occasional lunch or quick snack last year my family has has yummy sandwiches, delicious soups, weird hotdogs, and unusual shakes. We have loved them all and look forward to the next strange concoction.

The staff is friendly and willing to make accommodations for picky eaters and check ingredients for allergens.

Everything on the menu can be taken to go and makes for a yummy picnic lunch at the playground or park.

• Visited March 2013